Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
popped to Morrisons this morning, 10:30ish = it was calm. Many shelves empty., tho.

I chatted with the lady at the checkout:

people queuing from 6am
staff struggling to get by
doors open and a scramble to the loo roll
people throwing things at each other

She said on Friday a family came in and filled...wait for it..........SIX trolleys.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
popped to Morrisons this morning, 10:30ish = it was calm. Many shelves empty., tho.

I chatted with the lady at the checkout:

people queuing from 6am
staff struggling to get by
doors open and a scramble to the loo roll
people throwing things at each other

She said on Friday a family came in and filled...wait for it..........SIX trolleys.
Well that is 100% the failure of the shop management, there should have been someone there to say "sorry, that is not going to happen". But I suspect, the shop does not care so long as the tills are ringing.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I popped into Asda today. Shelves fairly bare on certain items. More worrying is finding out the checkout staff have been putting up with abusive customers because they've implemented maximum buys. People that act like that boil my ****.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
I
I popped into Asda today. Shelves fairly bare on certain items. More worrying is finding out the checkout staff have been putting up with abusive customers because they've implemented maximum buys. People that act like that boil my ****.
We’re about to see the nation’s true colours.

don’t expect a pretty rainbow.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I

We’re about to see the nation’s true colours.

don’t expect a pretty rainbow.
The me me me society, its always been evident, but never more so now.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What’s next armed robbery on a food bank?
Could be worse I guess, could be US helicopters dropping foreign aid parcels, like packets of rice out of the skies, and Unicef trucks rationing out water.

Who would of guessed it would be a virus and not Brexit that would see empty selves & less medication as some “ experts “ predicted
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Could be worse I guess, could be US helicopters dropping foreign aid parcels, like packets of rice out of the skies, and Unicef trucks rationing out water.

Who would of guessed it would be a virus and not Brexit that would see empty selves & less medication as some “ experts “ predicted
Many a true word written through typo. :cry:

PS - it's 'would have' (or would've) NOT 'would of'.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Don’t take it so seriously it’s a forum not a letter to my local mp.
Peoples text language is lots more worse
Or is it people’s

·
Vendor
45,438 Posts
dunno.

my take on this was that she’s probably scared. In a high risk group, possibly not in a position to bulk buy (not that you should anyway), worried about where she would get essential provisions, and may have a partner at home who has medical issues. All of that can mount up to a lot of fear that’s expressed in aggression.

I suspect though, that all of that sits on top of her being, fundamentally, a pleb.
In 14-odd years on this forum thats probably the biggest dig I've ever seen you give anyone. Well done for holding back. Many lesser mortals would have let her tyres down.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
^^^ now there’s a post that deserves more likes :)

I always try and keep a cool head.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts

Have people remembered to donate to food banks in all this me me me moment?
My wife bought some nappies yesterday , not because she’s become incontinent but to put in the foodbank collection at Waitrose.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I saw a homeless lad sat on the floor outside Morrison’s today with a face mask on. Then I saw him remove it as someone gave him a trifle.
Is there a food bank open?
What I found strange, they was stocking shelves with Easter eggs at 75p each and plenty of Mother’s Day gifts. I was thinking they must be holding stock back to prevent panic buying fights & abuse to staff. Surely they couldn’t have just had a drop off of seasonal gifts?
I worked as an order picker for a food distributor once surely their order pickers are still in a job?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
It is curious. You can either observe the empty food shelves, or look at the full ones. If you can’t make a meal out of the full food shelves, you may as well just give up now. :)

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
^^^ So very true. When I did my shopping it did go through my mind that there was enough food on the shelves for me not to starve.

How to improvise for bog roll though when the same panic buyers have stripped the shelves of the Daily Mail?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It is curious. You can either observe the empty food shelves, or look at the full ones. If you can’t make a meal out of the full food shelves, you may as well just give up now. :)
I did. Chocolate cornflake cakes

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe the supermarkets should employ some of the (now idle through no fault of their own) night club bouncers to help prevent abuse towards staff.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Maybe the supermarkets should employ some of the (now idle through no fault of their own) night club bouncers to help prevent abuse towards staff.
That will probably come into force next. Maybe even a dress code as clothing carries cross contamination
Not just coughing & touching

21 - 40 of 153 Posts