Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any others of you see this poor nurse just finished a 48hr shift!! on BBC news last night? She is clearly extremely upset, and absolutely exhausted, a critical care nurse!! I really felt for her, her upset was so graphic.

Quite frankly if there is anyone reading this, on this forum, who is in the least bit guilty of clearing the shelves in the way we have seen then they should be totally ashamed of themselves. It does not matter who it is, you are no better than the rest of the greedy selfish bastards who are now, I understand, also high jacking the pensioners early morning hour.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Stick a couple of plod in a store, with the news cameras ready. Let the halfwit buy a billion bog rolls and pay for them. Then plod requisitions the trolley with no compensation. Stick the footage on the news. Do it a few times, people will get the message. Enact it with a 2 line emergency powers bill.

The stupidity of people is clear in what is not being bought. Corona beer. Proper long life stuff like pot noodles (if we really were facing armageddon, a tray of pot noodles would be the second thing on my list, after 10,000 #4 12 bore cartridges). I consider my stock of 5000 cartridges sufficient.

Remember that half the people in the country have an IQ of less than 100 and are thus as thick as pigshit. I'm surprised they aren't trying to store electricity in wheelie bins by now.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Sadly, most of them aren't so thick that they're finding ways around the rules! Sending multiple family members in masquerading as seperate shoppers to clear the shelves, getting elderly relatives to do their shopping.

The biggest bugbear is most of the working population can only get to the supermarkets either at the crack of dawn (when they're now proposing admitting the elderly only), or after work when there's nothing to be had.

I moved home last week and had completly bare cupboards, it's only by chance and visiting numerous local stores on the chance that they have anything I've been able to buy enough groceries for the week- luckily I'd bought a big pack of bog roll in anticipation of the move.

At the risk of sounding like bitter grapes, and offending others, it seems the non-working population have the luxury of being able to cherry pick the better items, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve

I think this thread is very specific. Honestly, I welled up when I saw that nurse on TV last night. Somehow some arrangement MUST be put in place to avoid this sort of thing happening to those who are putting their lives on the line to care for those who need it.

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
How many of these idiots are selling stuff on Ebay at over inflated prices? Bog roll at £50 for 12 or hand sanitiser at £20 for a 100ml bottle. Government should crack down on people trying to profit from this crisis, that includes small independent pharmacies who sell 16 Paracetamol for £80.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Waitrose are operating a system like Christmas collection of toilet rolls. One pack each, but of course you could send each member of the family separately to the queue. My wife bought some nappies even though our children are teenagers. The pack wasn’t for her. It went in the food bank collection.. Now she is back at work trying to work out how many of the nurses forgot to mention their vulnerable health condition ,which will mean they can’t work , until yesterday.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
That is an upsetting video. These key/critical workers shouldn't have to be worrying about finding food when they just want to get home and rest before their next marathon session. There seems to be that many 'managers' involved with the NHS that it surely can't be beyond the wit of man/woman that one of these so-called managers can devise a food delivery/pick-up system at their hospitals/clinics etc for those at the sharp-end, i.e the actual doctors and nurses.
It really does bring things into perspective for those of us not directly connected with saving lives.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
The commitment of truck drivers at the moment is really significant and I hope that’s one of the thoughts people take from the current situation.

·
Administrator
23,025 Posts
I live in a small village Sufflok.

We have a local farm shop which is mainly used by us locals.

In the last few days heaps of wealthy middle class people (all charming don'cha know) have turned up in their 4X4s. Guess what they are buying in vast quantities?

Sacks of potatoes - the new panic buy. Although why wiping your arse on a potato works defeats me.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
What I love about situations like this, is how it presents an opportunity to show how much we can love and care for strangers to help them out.

Early one morning this week, the car park at the small Tesco next door was rammed. I could see a Doris was parking adjacent to our land, but was going to block a busy access road. Given our (few) parking bays were empty, I popped down stairs to invite her to park in front of my car, so 1) she wouldnt block the access lane 2) she could take her time at Tesco.

I had barely said ‘hello madam, would you like to...’ before she launched into the most foul-mouthed rant I have ever heard. ‘Why don’t you fu56 off! It’s taxed and insured and I’ll park there so you can fu56 off. You’re fu55ing ugly, you ******. Go back inside an have a ****.’ Classy lady, eh?

while she waddled around Tesco, the inevitable happened. She blocked a vehicle from going down the lane, what with her car blocking the road. I had a chat with the annoyed driver to explain what had happened.

when she waddled back, I said that’s the problem you caused that I was trying to prevent. She told me again to - what was it? Oh yes, to fu56 off - before yelling at me that she’s 70, and I should be doing more to help people right now (err, I was love).

I love helping people. It’s just brilliant. The general public is so nice and so classy. Keep it up, UK! Keep clearing those shelves, guys! We’re all in this together!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'Ang on a mo! I thought after Brexit we as a country were all going to pull together, stick together and be British, is this what being British is?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
'Ang on a mo! I thought after Brexit we as a country were all going to pull together, stick together and be British, is this what being British is?
dunno.

my take on this was that she’s probably scared. In a high risk group, possibly not in a position to bulk buy (not that you should anyway), worried about where she would get essential provisions, and may have a partner at home who has medical issues. All of that can mount up to a lot of fear that’s expressed in aggression.

I suspect though, that all of that sits on top of her being, fundamentally, a pleb.

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
The fact that we voted for Brexit strongly suggests that yes - this is exactly what being British is.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Fresh produce and loo roll selling out is happening quite frequently. A friend said that loo roll sells out because when I person sneezes, 10 others crap themselves.

Seriously though, it shows just how selfish many are. All those with loaded trolleys are only showing what they are really like. I have deliberately not bought anything (apart from a couple of bottles of vino to enjoy with a friend) over my usual shopping. I even questioned if I really needed the loo cleaner/bleach as I may be able to get another week out of it. As of this moment, we have 5.25 rolls of loo paper and Aldi was still sold out. At this rate, we may have to end up doing as the Muslims often do.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fresh produce and loo roll selling out is happening quite frequently. A friend said that loo roll sells out because when I person sneezes, 10 others crap themselves.

Seriously though, it shows just how selfish many are. All those with loaded trolleys are only showing what they are really like. I have deliberately not bought anything (apart from a couple of bottles of vino to enjoy with a friend) over my usual shopping. I even questioned if I really needed the loo cleaner/bleach as I may be able to get another week out of it. As of this moment, we have 5.25 rolls of loo paper and Aldi was still sold out. At this rate, we may have to end up doing as the Muslims often do.

A hand stand in the shower?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts