Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and hoping for some advice. I bought a brand new (2013) Giulietta a few weeks ago and noticed one or two flaws on the first day out of the showroom. One of these is the panel below the steering column is hanging down, flaps about, and touches my left my knee in normal driving position. See attached pics.

When the Alfa dealer here in Ballarat Australia took a look, they said "they're all like that" and didn't offer any resolution. Is that for real? :confused: Any advice from other owners would be very welcome. It looks to me like some clips have broken off?

Apart from that, it's a great car!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Well it is the fuse box panel and does pull down if you want to access the interior fuses. When you do that you'll see where it clips in and you can decide for yourself if it really is hanging loose. If it drops off when you lower it down (the clips are at the top, hinged at the bottom) it may slide off the hinges, don't worry it'll fit back easily. When I looked at mine it almost looks as if they put an extra piece in on the left hand side to make it stick out more, but it is right.

See how you get on!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's not great but it is normal. Mine was the same from new and I had too thought it was loose until I investigated further.

If you adjust the column to its lowest position there is no longer a gap so it doesn't look ill fitting.

The problem wouldn't be there if they used a gaitor or similar around the whole column that way the gap would not show but as you can't see that area when diriving I guess they decided it wasn't worth spending the money on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts