Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm looking for a small budget commuter car and have narrowed it down to a brand new Panda 100HP (one of the last built, I think) or a nearly-new 500 1.4 Sport. The 500 is slightly more expensive (in the region of GBP1k).

What do you guys and gals think?

Cheers
K

G

·
I'd get the panda as they are both the same chassis underneath give or take a bit. And the panda is understated and cooler imo esp in red and the antharcite wheels :D

G

·
I love the Panda - but I got the 500 1.4 Sport instead. Got a good deal on a pre-reg car with leather interior.

Love it to bits

G

·
PS - Marchionne announced yesterday that all Fiat Group product development plans have been put back a year or two - and the existing Panda now has to go on to 2012

·
Registered
375 Posts
i saw the panda 100hp the other day and it does look better than a normal panda loads more sporty and with some clever subtle mods could look even better. The 500 is deffo the better car but it is to girly for me the abarth gets rid of the girly factor but in any other guise its slighty to girly.

G

·
i saw the panda 100hp the other day and it does look better than a normal panda loads more sporty and with some clever subtle mods could look even better. The 500 is deffo the better car but it is to girly for me the abarth gets rid of the girly factor but in any other guise its slighty to girly.
i am closing in rapidly on retirement and am sufficiently confident in my sexuality to drive a 500 - and the car is red with a black interior, might be different in pale blue with cream seats :lol:

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,131 Posts
500 = trying way too hard to be cool, so not cool

Panda 100 HP = brilliant, a scream to drive and it couldn't give two beans it's the 500's less cool brother. Which in its own way makes it ultra cool. Only the iffy NCAP (compared to the 500) would put me off one.

500? I'll pass. Panda 100HP? Yes please :)

G

·
Kristin Scott-Thomas assures me that the 500 is cooler - but then she drives a Gee Whiz so what does she know? :lol:

The Panda is one of the best budget Q-cars of all time.

Either way, Fiat could do with a lot more people thinking Fiats are cool because their sales have plummeted.

G

·
When the price of the Panda comes down a bit I'm going to get one. I really like the 500 too but it isn't practical enough for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My partner has a panda 100hp, now had it for over 3 years, only issue she has had in 36,000 miles is squeking brakes. She nearly traded it in for a 500 but couldnt part with the car.

I have driven the car quite a bit and love it, only problem I have is the seat will not go back far enough for me to be fully comfortable (I have driven it for over 4 hours with no aches)

It is red, it is a bit postman pat ish, but great car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.