·
Registered
30,408 Posts
My first phone was the G300!
With the extending aerial :cool: :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Had had a Panny through Martin Dawes in the early 90's. It had a pull up aerial too. Small but ultimately crap....lol

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Lithium battery on the G300 was way ahead of it's time. ;)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
The Lithium battery on the G300 was way ahead of it's time. ;)
I thought the G300 was great at the time and far better than a lot of the others that were on offer. I got mine from John Lewis on undersale (back in the days when they sold mobiles and you signed up to a contract in the store). I can't remember who the contract was with though, vodafone or BT Cellnet maybe :confused: A year later I got my first motorolla on a contract with one2one - the contract was much better but i still preferred the shape of the G300 :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I have had a few from that list -

Nokia 8110 - one of my have phones back in the day! Cost me a load of money too, but it want the one from the matrix as it didn't have the auto pop open bit, it was a manual slider.

Nokia 9000 Communicator - HUGE, I didn't really have any use for it or intact know what to do with it as it was given to me by an ex-boss second hand and sans instructions :lol: didn't have that very long at all!

Nokia 5110 - everyone has had one of these at some point right? Was a company phone.

Nokia 8210 - Had the blue one but got the inevitable screen fade, was refused a replacement and told I must have damaged/dropped it even though it was a worldwide fault. Squeezing the top area where the speaker was allowed you to see the screen. :roll eyes:

Nokia 3210 - got nicked out of my car after about 4 weeks of owning it, I didn't like the phone anyway but was gutted to have a smashed window!

Nokia 1100 - with the torch in the top :D still have one chucked in a drawer, I remember reading about them being worth loads in certain circles but never knew why until today when reading that article! $32k Nokia 1100 bought for online banking scam - SlashGear I wonder if they are still worth money :lol:

iPhone - still have it sat in it's original box, paid a stupid amount to get it shipped over from the US before they were on sale here :eek: Been an iPhone boy ever since.
iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4... no 4s as yet.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oooh Ohh!

Panasonic G300
Panasonic G410
Nokia 6110 (That blue pearlecent finish :cool: Didn't have standard IR though. :()
Nokia 6210 (Good, interfaced well with the Psion5, but no Triband.)
Motorola Timeport (My 1st Triband, but rubbish UI)
Nokia 6310i (Best phone EVER! FACT!)
Panasonic X700 (Symbian)
Sony Ericsson K750i First true camera phone.
Sony Ericsson K800i
Sony Ericsson K850i
Sony Ericsson C510 My last non-"smart" phone. Solid.
SimValley Pico Back-up chuckable phone
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (Too small)
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (Good, but lacking something.)
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (Damn near perfect!)

;)

Work phones:
SE K610i
SE G700
SE C702
Blackberry Bold (refused!)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oooh Ohh!

Agree on both used a 6310i for years and current phone is a SE X mini Pro

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Oooh Ohh!

Panasonic G300
Panasonic G410
Nokia 6110 (That blue pearlecent finish :cool: Didn't have standard IR though. :()
Nokia 6210 (Good, interfaced well with the Psion5, but no Triband.)
Motorola Timeport (My 1st Triband, but rubbish UI)
Panasonic X700 (Symbian)
Sony Ericsson K750i First true camera phone.
Sony Ericsson K800i
Sony Ericsson K850i
Sony Ericsson C510 My last non-"smart" phone. Solid.
SimValley Pico Back-up chuckable phone
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (Too small)
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (Good, but lacking something.)

;)

Work phones:
SE K610i
SE G700
SE C702
Blackberry Bold (refused!)
Half of them are not on the linked page :tut: you're cheating :p
I could list a few others that were not on the page, most of which were Motorola, I think there might have been a Siemens at one point too and only the one Ericsson

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
My first was a Panasonic G450
Nokia 3210
Nokia 8210
Samsung T100 (ooh colour screen)
Orange SPV M1000
Orange SPV M2000
Nokia N73
HTC Hero
HTC Desire HD

Tempted to go back to Nokia if they can promise good battery life on the new Lumia.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Tempted to go back to Nokia if they can promise good battery life on the new Lumia.
Keep an eye on the windows phones

I seriously believe they are gonna kick ass a few niggles and fixes to sort at mo but give em teh right processors which they are getting and I honestly think they will destroy iPhones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts