Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have any of you get in to troubles while trying to pair Blue&Me and Blue&Me TomTom (with dash dock) with each other?

I'm having (in Alfa MiTo with Blue&Me and Dash dock options) the latest firmware in both Blue&Me (5.5) and TomTom (GPSFirmwareVersion=2.15.0 65947), clean factory settings in both ends (I.e. I have made reset to factory defaults and don't have any active connections, bluetooth on in mobile or trusted devices). Pairing process itself is straight forward and I even investigated the manual to be absolutely sure about pairing procedure (Yes, that's how desperate I am right now!) :cry:

Bluetooth works in car as well in TT while testing those with mobile phones. TT could even "see" Blue&me when doing a bluetooth search with "Find Blue&Me" or even with "Find bluetooth device".. But everytime when trying to pair those two together I'm getting response "No Bluetooth Connected, check car has bluetooth turned on" some time (10 - 15 sec.) after giving cars Blue&Me pin code to TT.

Beside searching many Alfa forums also searched from Fiat forums and asked help from my dealer (which -maybe unecessary to say -was completely waste of time) without any success so far.

Any good advices or advices at all? :)

Anyway - Have a nice day!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hi. I'm afraid I can't help you with the pairing because I don't have a blue and me tomtom yet, but I am thinking about getting one. I know cus your having problems pairing this is abit of a silly question until you get it properly working, but is it worth buying? What are the features like? Hope you get the pairing sorted.

N

·
0 Posts
Why do you need to pair the B&M with TomTom? :confused:

The Bluetooth on the TomTom would only be used when it's standalone
and not docked with B&M, surely?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First to Mitomatt: It is TT GO750 with Blue&Me features. To my knowledge Blue&Me features are not available to all TT GO750's, only these "Blue&Me TomTom's".

With B&M functions available TT is attached to your Alfa's (or Fiat's) Blue&Me system and you are having kind of integrated car navigation with support for steering wheel buttons etc. You can find more info of the features from TT site: Blue&Me TomTom for Alfa Romeo

Personally I think that extra price (~100 €) compared to normal TT GO750 (~220 €) is a bit high, but still acceptable if I'll find a solution for this problem.

If you're looking for more wallet friendly solution, I've found out that according to UK Fiat forum (http://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/217384-tomtom-blue-me-fiat-500-a.html) TT software with B&M features for GO750 is available to download from TomToms website (http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.004.go750_blue_me_v1.CAB-navcore-GO_Blue_Me.cab). As well the above mentioned forum told that dash dock is available less than £50, so it might be a good option if you're DIY-man :)
With this option you will get TT's standard suction mount +12v power cords as extra and it is still cheaper.

Nev: TomTom gets only it's power through dash dock and actually it is standard standalone TT without bluetooth connection. I.e. it connects to car's B&M system with bluetooth and unless you are having bluetooth connection, you are missing all B&M functions. That's why those have to be paired. This is not only my opinion, it is said also in manuals: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/blueandmetomtom/refman/Blue&Me-TomTom-en-GB.pdf

N

·
0 Posts
Hmmm interesting.

Seems overly complex.

(My TomTom Go910 includes bluetooth handsfree functionality
for mobiles and also has A2DP support for audio streaming.
Good for hire cars. :thumbs:)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
First to Mitomatt: It is TT GO750 with Blue&Me features. To my knowledge Blue&Me features are not available to all TT GO750's, only these "Blue&Me TomTom's".

With B&M functions available TT is attached to your Alfa's (or Fiat's) Blue&Me system and you are having kind of integrated car navigation with support for steering wheel buttons etc. You can find more info of the features from TT site: Blue&Me TomTom for Alfa Romeo

Personally I think that extra price (~100

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, reason for this problem has found finally. I brought my Mito to the dealer and after couple hours investigation they found out the reason. Dealer or importer ordered my Mito from the factory with option 54K, which is for Blue&Me Map -Not for Blue&Me TomTom, which it should be (option 68R). So this is the obvious reason for Blue&Me not to pair with Blue&Me TomTom. They also said that it is not possible to upgrade Blue&Me unit so that it could pair with TomTom. :wow:

Now starts the interesting part, because in papers where I have put my pen on, it is stated clearly that I have ordered dash option for TomTom navigation -not for Blue&Me Map. So I'm going to stand up for my rights and see how dealer /importer is going to handle this particular issue.

N

·
0 Posts
Good luck.

Mine's still missing a sun-blind and spare wheel that were clearly on the order form... :rolleyes:

(Admittedly I haven't really been pushing them, so one year one......)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to fix Tom Tom Blue and Me Live 2 pairing to Alfa Giulietta

I have been puzzling over getting the pairing of a Giulietta with Tom Tom 2 Live. The symptom was that the car seemed to accept the pairing but the Blue & Me refused. This is on a car WITHOUT the 68R option (ie no docking point). For anyone that doesn't know already, the port option on the car only supplies power. The hookup to the steering controls etc is all via Bluetooth. I've seen the same problem on Alfa, Fiat and Abarth sites.

Here's the way I fixed it. It's actually quite simple, but I've tried to explain all of the stages. Do at your own risk etc.

1 CHECK VERSION OF BLUE AND ME
First I checked which version of the Blue and me was on the car (Generation 2). That's done by selecting the Settings/Advanced Features and checking whether "Image" is an option (it was so Generation 2)

2 DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BLUE AND ME DRIVERS
Then to the blue and me download site. I selected from the menu options:

Alfa / Giulietta/ 2nd Generation / Blue and Me 2 Live/

And downloaded the zip file, which I unpacked into a folder. I also checked that I got the UK version in English, rather than (e.g.) the Italian version.

The English zip file folder that I downloaded was called:

Aggiornamento_BlueMeTomTom_12_3_UK

A really important file in the download is:

BMm_N_L_4_TomTomLau_10200_F.ARM926.cab

It's the one that switches on the Tom Tom recognition. I think this is the file that many people somehow miss from the copy process. If the folder doesn't include this file, then the TomTom won't be recognised.

3 COPY THE FILES TO A USB STICK ROOT DIRECTORY

Then copy all the downloaded files to an empty USB stick (root directory)

4 USE USB STICK IN CAR TO DO UPDATE

Plug it into the car's socket in the glovebox.

Switch the car key to MAR and the little red dashboard display will (after a few seconds) say Updating. It takes about 5-6 minutes to run the process and sometimes the screen goes blank.

Be patient.

There is a message at the end to say it has completed. It's really worth the wait.

5 PAIR THE TOM TOM AND BLUE AND ME
Then it's time to pair the TomTom. I don't have the dock port so I just held the unit in my hand and started it up. I selected Settings, User Pairing and followed the instructions which include entering a Pin number on the TomTom.

Before, when I'd entered the Pin, the Sat Nav would say 'bluetooth not found' or similar. Now, with the extra file copied in, it ran the pairing and the Blue and Me icon changed to a picture of a red Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

6 RESTART THE TOM TOM WHICH NOW SHOWS THE ALFA LOGO!
Subsequently I've restarted the TomTom, which now boots with the Alfa logo (nice) and the extra telemetry for mileage/eco etc all seems to be working and controllable from the steering wheel. There's also the Phone and media control options as part of the new Car Menu.

I've seen dozens of messages about this sprinkled around various sites and people replacing blue and me units etc. Weirdly, the issue seems to be a Windows software one - i.e. the need to ensure that the Tom Tom software driver is part of the installation process.

Hopefully this will help others get the full range of capabilities from the Tom Tom, even without the dock 68R.

S

·
0 Posts
I just tried doing this today and have discovered that with the new blue&me.net download page you can't simply pick and choose which version of the software you want to install. Step 1 determines which version is currently installed in your car and that info is used in step 2 to tell blue&me which update to download which will always be the updated version of your EXISTING software meaning if you don't have the car with the 68R docking station fitted you cannot pair your brand new Blue&Me TomTom2 with you car. :mad:

However, I have discovered a work around that will allow you to do it but you have to change a line of code in the info sent back to Blue&Me.net in part 2 of the process.

This has worked for me and I accept no liability and attempt it at your own risk. I took a backup of the original update on a second USB stick in case my amended version didn't work.

So, here goes, and full credit to rashbre for 99% of this which I have shamelessly copied, and I did a lot of digging around other sites and forums before I even attempted this so I only take partial credit.

First I checked which version of the Blue and me was on the car (Generation 2). That's done by selecting the Settings/Advanced Features and checking whether "Image" is an option (it was so Generation 2).

2 DOWNLOAD THE BLUE&ME VERSION CHECKER

PART 1

Go to the blue and me download site on your computer/laptop. I selected from the menu options:

Alfa / Giulietta

And downloaded the zip file calle BlueMeConfigurator to a location of your choice and then unzip that file straight onto a FAT32 formated blank USB stick.

Then go to your car and put the stick in the USB socket in the car. Turn the ignition on but don't start the engine.

The dash readout will say update in progress and a few seconds later it will say update complete

Turn the ignition off and then remove the stick and go back to your computer.

NOW FOR THE BIT OF MAGIC!!!

On the USB stick will be a file called BMConf.xml. Open this file (I used notepad) and in there will be lines of code looking like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<BlueAndMeInfo>

<CarType>Giulietta</CarType>

<Configuration>ABC80</Configuration>

<BDaddr>46497_20_2342</BDaddr>

</BlueAndMeInfo>

Where you see "ABC80", this is the only part that needs to be changed. Yours will probably say 5 completely different numbers/letters but in order to enable the tomtom features it must read <Configuration>ABC80</Configuration> on that line or it won't work. These five letters and numbers identify which blue&me version you have installed in your car so by changing it, you are telling blue&me.net you have the tomtom version in your car. Do you see? ;)

PART 2.

Upload the file BMconf file to Blue&Me.net and it will give you another file to download called

Aggiornamento_BlueMeTomTom_13_6_UK_A.

Delete EVERYTHING off your USB stick and unzip this new file onto it.
It should inclue the file:

It's the one that switches on the Tom Tom recognition. If the folder doesn't include this file, then the TomTom won't be recognised.

PART 3

Go back to your car and put the USB Stick back into the socket. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
The dash will say update in progress and then you wait!
This bit can take 6-8 minutes as it's the proper upload into your car's Blue&Me system.
From time to time the dash will switch back to it's normal view and back to update in progress but don't be tempted to push any buttons or turn anything else on or off. Be patient!
After 6-8 minutes, it will say update complete. Turn off the ignition and remove the stick.
You should now be able to pair the Blue&Me with your new tomtom2 as per the instructions.

HOORAY! :thumbs:

To qualify, this worked for me. It may not work for you and I accept no responsibility or liability if you try it and it messes up you car. Keep a copy of the original version of the BMconf file in case it doesn't work.

Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Try again

Hello skin1701!
I tried your fix but the b&m site just gave me the 8.0 version, but the max version for my 2010 mito is 5.6 which is installed, but tomtom features are missing. I got like this little dock on the dashboard, but i think i've got the wrong software. Is it possible to download 5.6 with tomtom manually? (http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/718649-alfa-mito-b-and-m-5-6-tomtom-update-wanted.html)
Hi, I would guess that if you have the 68R dock installed you should already have the right software for using blue&me albeit an older version.

If you follow my instructions to the letter, it will work and it will install the latest possible software for your car, be it version 5.6 or version 7 or version 8.

I did it on my partners 2011 Mito and it worked fine.

All I can suggest is you should read it through carefully agan and follow the instructions to the letter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great fix

Thanks for the info skin1701 been down loading the programs and could not get he TT to connect, but follow the instruction and hey presto it works now got full connectivity. :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for getting me working

Dear All,

My car has the TomTom charger dock (68R) but I never used it, then last week I treated myself to the Blue&Me 2 Live. Wouldn't pair up (TomTom said failed, car said succeeded).

I did the trick from this forum with the edit to the XML file and it worked first time. My car was auto configuring as the version without the TomTom dock and so wasn't loading the extra CAB unit on via USB. After editing to the "ABC80" version it worked a treat.

My successful log file looks like this:

A940
L41
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk
CABOK
UPComp
BMn L41

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi guys, i just went through this process up untill the download of the updated blue and me file. The website has now given me a version 10, is this usable on a 2011 giulietta? its saying second gen but i dont think mine is a second gen car being 2011

·
Registered
139 Posts
Update This still works

I just tried doing this today and have discovered that with the new blue&me.net download page you can't simply pick and choose which version of the software you want to install. Step 1 determines which version is currently installed in your car and that info is used in step 2 to tell blue&me which update to download which will always be the updated version of your EXISTING software meaning if you don't have the car with the 68R docking station fitted you cannot pair your brand new Blue&Me TomTom2 with you car. :mad:

However, I have discovered a work around that will allow you to do it but you have to change a line of code in the info sent back to Blue&Me.net in part 2 of the process.

This has worked for me and I accept no liability and attempt it at your own risk. I took a backup of the original update on a second USB stick in case my amended version didn't work.

So, here goes, and full credit to rashbre for 99% of this which I have shamelessly copied, and I did a lot of digging around other sites and forums before I even attempted this so I only take partial credit.

First I checked which version of the Blue and me was on the car (Generation 2). That's done by selecting the Settings/Advanced Features and checking whether "Image" is an option (it was so Generation 2).

2 DOWNLOAD THE BLUE&ME VERSION CHECKER

PART 1

Go to the blue and me download site on your computer/laptop. I selected from the menu options:

Alfa / Giulietta

And downloaded the zip file calle BlueMeConfigurator to a location of your choice and then unzip that file straight onto a FAT32 formated blank USB stick.

Then go to your car and put the stick in the USB socket in the car. Turn the ignition on but don't start the engine.

The dash readout will say update in progress and a few seconds later it will say update complete

Turn the ignition off and then remove the stick and go back to your computer.

NOW FOR THE BIT OF MAGIC!!!

On the USB stick will be a file called BMConf.xml. Open this file (I used notepad) and in there will be lines of code looking like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<BlueAndMeInfo>

<CarType>Giulietta</CarType>

<Configuration>ABC80</Configuration>

<BDaddr>46497_20_2342</BDaddr>

</BlueAndMeInfo>

Where you see "ABC80", this is the only part that needs to be changed. Yours will probably say 5 completely different numbers/letters but in order to enable the tomtom features it must read <Configuration>ABC80</Configuration> on that line or it won't work. These five letters and numbers identify which blue&me version you have installed in your car so by changing it, you are telling blue&me.net you have the tomtom version in your car. Do you see? ;)

PART 2.

Upload the file BMconf file to Blue&Me.net and it will give you another file to download called

Aggiornamento_BlueMeTomTom_13_6_UK_A.

Delete EVERYTHING off your USB stick and unzip this new file onto it.
It should inclue the file:

It's the one that switches on the Tom Tom recognition. If the folder doesn't include this file, then the TomTom won't be recognised.

PART 3

Go back to your car and put the USB Stick back into the socket. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
The dash will say update in progress and then you wait!
This bit can take 6-8 minutes as it's the proper upload into your car's Blue&Me system.
From time to time the dash will switch back to it's normal view and back to update in progress but don't be tempted to push any buttons or turn anything else on or off. Be patient!
After 6-8 minutes, it will say update complete. Turn off the ignition and remove the stick.
You should now be able to pair the Blue&Me with your new tomtom2 as per the instructions.

HOORAY! :thumbs:

To qualify, this worked for me. It may not work for you and I accept no responsibility or liability if you try it and it messes up you car. Keep a copy of the original version of the BMconf file in case it doesn't work.

Enjoy. :)
Although this thread is a little old now I just wanted to update everyone as I have just successfully completed the update as per instructions and can confirm it still works brilliantly. I have now married my TT2 B&M Live with my 11 plate G QV even though I don't have the dock in the dash. I can also confirm that B&M update version 10 works fine with an 11 plate G. Thanks to all for posting this most useful and valuable info. This forum always comes through for us Alfisti :thumbup:
Just got to sort out mounting the TT in the dash top box now and run the wiring to a 12v supply behind the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone.
Although it is an old thread, i need some help here with Blue&me and my MITO.

Some days ago, i bought an Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3 Diesel mod.12/2011
When i bought it, the odometer was flashing and the blue&me was not working.

My car has also a TOMTOM Port on the dash that was missing.

My garage told me that the Blue&me unit had a problem and i had to change it and that was the reason of flashing odometer.
The unit was installed in my car was 50523953. I found a used with no. 51818143 and we installed in my car. We made PROXI Alignment and the odometer stop flashing and Blue&Me working just perfect.

I also bought a used TOMTOM Live 2 unit and i put it in the port on the dash.

My problems are:

1. I am trying to update my Blue&Me unit. I am following the instructions, but my car doesn't create BMConf.xml . I tried many many times with different USB Sticks. Nothing at all. "Updating started" appears on the screen, after a minute "Update Completed" message appears. But when i put the USB on my PC, no BMconf.xml appears.

I tried to create BMconf.xml, i put it in blueandme.net, i am downloading the update, but after a while Error 10 appears on the screen.

2. My second problem in that although TOMTOM 2 Live is working, i can't connected with car's Blue&Me. I did many times all the procedure, but when i put the car's code to the TT, although Blue&me seems to be paired and it seems to recognize TT, TT is not and message that Problem and repeat the procedure appears.

Sorry for my first big message!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This fix is for 2nd gen Blue&me, but I am interested in fix for 1st gen Blue&Me.
My MiTo (2009) is 1st gen and when I try to update it to 10.0 version it gives me USB config error.

I tried same update on my fathers Giulietta and it worked first time. But, his G is 2nd gen.

Is there any way to hack and update first gen B&M with v10 update. Please help guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to fix Tom Tom Blue and Me Live 2 pairing to Alfa Giulietta

I have been puzzling over getting the pairing of a Giulietta with Tom Tom 2 Live. The symptom was that the car seemed to accept the pairing but the Blue & Me refused. This is on a car WITHOUT the 68R option (ie no docking point). For anyone that doesn't know already, the port option on the car only supplies power. The hookup to the steering controls etc is all via Bluetooth. I've seen the same problem on Alfa, Fiat and Abarth sites.

Here's the way I fixed it. It's actually quite simple, but I've tried to explain all of the stages. Do at your own risk etc.

First I checked which version of the Blue and me was on the car (Generation 2). That's done by selecting the Settings/Advanced Features and checking whether "Image" is an option (it was so Generation 2)

2 DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BLUE AND ME DRIVERS
Then to the blue and me download site. I selected from the menu options:

Alfa / Giulietta/ 2nd Generation / Blue and Me 2 Live/

And downloaded the zip file, which I unpacked into a folder. I also checked that I got the UK version in English, rather than (e.g.) the Italian version.

The English zip file folder that I downloaded was called:

Aggiornamento_BlueMeTomTom_12_3_UK

A really important file in the download is:

It's the one that switches on the Tom Tom recognition. I think this is the file that many people somehow miss from the copy process. If the folder doesn't include this file, then the TomTom won't be recognised.

3 COPY THE FILES TO A USB STICK ROOT DIRECTORY

Then copy all the downloaded files to an empty USB stick (root directory)

4 USE USB STICK IN CAR TO DO UPDATE

Plug it into the car's socket in the glovebox.

Switch the car key to MAR and the little red dashboard display will (after a few seconds) say Updating. It takes about 5-6 minutes to run the process and sometimes the screen goes blank.

Be patient.

There is a message at the end to say it has completed. It's really worth the wait.

5 PAIR THE TOM TOM AND BLUE AND ME
Then it's time to pair the TomTom. I don't have the dock port so I just held the unit in my hand and started it up. I selected Settings, User Pairing and followed the instructions which include entering a Pin number on the TomTom.

Before, when I'd entered the Pin, the Sat Nav would say 'bluetooth not found' or similar. Now, with the extra file copied in, it ran the pairing and the Blue and Me icon changed to a picture of a red Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

6 RESTART THE TOM TOM WHICH NOW SHOWS THE ALFA LOGO!
Subsequently I've restarted the TomTom, which now boots with the Alfa logo (nice) and the extra telemetry for mileage/eco etc all seems to be working and controllable from the steering wheel. There's also the Phone and media control options as part of the new Car Menu.

I've seen dozens of messages about this sprinkled around various sites and people replacing blue and me units etc. Weirdly, the issue seems to be a Windows software one - i.e. the need to ensure that the Tom Tom software driver is part of the installation process.

Hopefully this will help others get the full range of capabilities from the Tom Tom, even without the dock 68R.
Thanks for getting me working

Dear All,

My car has the TomTom charger dock (68R) but I never used it, then last week I treated myself to the Blue&Me 2 Live. Wouldn't pair up (TomTom said failed, car said succeeded).

I did the trick from this forum with the edit to the XML file and it worked first time. My car was auto configuring as the version without the TomTom dock and so wasn't loading the extra CAB unit on via USB. After editing to the "ABC80" version it worked a treat.

A940
L41
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk
CABOK
UPComp
BMn L41

FIRST, SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, AND I CHANGE THE ARCHIVE CONFIG, AND TOTAL SUCCES FOR MY FIAT PUNTO 2012; 199 TYPE: 1.3 MJET 95 C.V.
I CHANGE TOO THE ARCHIVE FOR MY LANGUAGE, I CHANGE ssft0808...... FOR ssft040_A; THIS LAST IS FOR SPANISH LANGUAGE.

F199FP
L51
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk
CABOK
UPComp
040a
BMn L51

THANKS FOR THIS SENSATIONAL TUTORIAL.