Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Paintergirl's Hen Shed, finished at last!

652 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  paintergirl 
#1 ·
:wave: Hello! I've been absent without leave for a while...again! I just thought I'd share with those of you who were interested in Mr PG and my restoration project, a 1982 Citroën Acadiane van :)

René was completed last month and I've been running him back and forward to the gallery on a daily basis since then. He runs like a sewing machine (I was going to say train, but that's a lie :biglaugh: ) and does 50 to the gallon whilst happily tootling about at 55! Believe me, in that you think 55 is fast ;)

The next project is a bare shell restoration of our 1972 Triumph Toledo which we've had since before we were married, which was our wedding car and took us to Norway on honeymoon! (It had already taken us to Sweden and Finland a couple of years before!)

In the meantime poor Spidey is languishing all sad and broken like, awaiting some TLC and is waaaay down the list :depressed:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Cheers guys :D It's a joy to drive, makes me smile every time I get in it! It costs £20 to fill it up, but I have to keep it topped up because the fuel gauge isn't connected yet and the wire flaps around my ear somewhere.

Nothing like having a live wire dangling over your head to add spice to a journey ;)

Reactions: steveisfrowning
#5 ·
Excellent skills Team PG :thumbs:

And your absence didn't go unnoticed :tut:

:Evil:

* :p *

#14 ·
Do it Chris! They are an investment. Some really nice ones go for over £10k!!

I was hoping for another..
Citroën?

It's hideous.

Good work.

Slacker. :p
Cheers Keith :thumbup:

They were still making this in 1982? And it sold? :lol:

But good to see someone keeping old cars running, even cars that are a bit *ahem* strange...
No accounting for taste ;)

Nice to see you pop back PG.

It looks pretty cool. And its lovely to hear the old Toledo is being saved. That literally is a labour of love given its market value. I have a soft spot for them as a Triumph 1300 was my first car.
It's heading for MOT today, just to see...

:D Of course you do :D

#12 ·
Nice to see you pop back PG.

It looks pretty cool. And its lovely to hear the old Toledo is being saved. That literally is a labour of love given its market value. I have a soft spot for them as a Triumph 1300 was my first car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.