Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone here got any tips on how to remove the large painted dash panel?

My G has developed a rattle which stops when I press it, so I am planning on taking it off and putting some foam behind.

Is it just push on or are there screws?

Many Thanks. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Some have 1 screw some don't, seems to be random as to which have them. If there is a screw then open the glove box and look up. Other than that its just pull off.

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, shall have a look when I get the chance. :)

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
It is deep set behind the big grommet at the front of the glovebox roof.

Reactions: symon

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes it would be if there's a screw there , then pull gently from passenger side it just in clips , it's the clips that rattle I put some wire harness cloth type tape under each clip between panel and clip that cured it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have exactly the same issue. Removed that screw in the glove box (with great difficulty) and popped off the trim, filled every crevice with foam packaging and put it back together.
It's much better but still makes an annoying rattle for first few miles then seems to settle and go away, not as loud as it was before. But I noticed on mine that it doesn't locate properly on the very far left lug, pops back out a little. Might try covering the lug in blu tak and pushing it back in.
Check to see if you can push yours in, maybe yours is popping out aswel.

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I removed my panel like I said I put cloth tap under head of clips I actually stuck tap on trip where clips slide in , if you remove your panel you will find clips rattle in where they are retained , I did this simple fix and cured my with no rattle from trim

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I removed my panel like I said I put cloth tap under head of clips I actually stuck tap on trip where clips slide in , if you remove your panel you will find clips rattle in where they are retained , I did this simple fix and cured my with no rattle from trim screwfix do the tape around £3 a roll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts