Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,568 Posts
Not used them, but if you can find a local car refinishes supplier (paint supplier) they will mix you a small quantity. Take your petrol flap in when you order so they can ensure an exact match.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
funny, the ad says they don't need codes, just the car's registration number..........how the heck do you match paint from a reg. number on an older car?

Last time I looked the V5 might say red or whatever (and even then, what if a past owner resprayed it from red to lime green with purple flakes, and didn't bother informing DVLA)

sounds ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not used them, but if you can find a local car refinishes supplier (paint supplier) they will mix you a small quantity. Take your petrol flap in when you order so they can ensure an exact match.
That's what Iv'e done in the past but thought this time I'd see exactly how close the paint is to the original code - is it easy to get the filler flap off - I've never tried
I'm going to cancel if they keep faffing about

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use a local paint supplier, will mix up rattle cans for small amounts etc. After seeing the different number of shades there was for what was a stock colour it is well worth getting someone to check to the colour on the car. Once done properly there really should be no difference however slight.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,568 Posts
That's what Iv'e done in the past but thought this time I'd see exactly how close the paint is to the original code - is it easy to get the filler flap off - I've never tried
I'm going to cancel if they keep faffing about
Easy enough, just two screws, I cant remember if they had captive nuts or if I had to get a small spanner inside the boot to hold them, but still all easy enough.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks
Bit of an update: DO NOT USE carpaintrepair - they have taken my money and not delivered despite endless emails - I thought it was just me but have a look at Trust Pilot reviews (wish I had looked there first) - seems I'm not on my own - I've asked my bank to get involved and will be contacting Trading Standards

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.carpaintrepair.co.uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts