Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Righto my wee Sprint is apprently painted in Rosso Alfa - however it is certainly not Rosso Alfa as I know it. How many shades of red have there been in Alfas past and does anyone have the codes for them?
The chap who did the restore and respray on the car assures me it is Alfa Rosso but it looks more like a pillar box red to me

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,150 Posts
Might be worth taking a look here

I see:

AR501 ALFA RED
AR530 ALFA RED
AR130 ALFA RED
130 ROSSO ECOLOGICO 2000
AR521 ROSSO
AR530 ROSSO CORSO
AR536 VENETIAN RED
AR542 ROSSO VIGILI DEL FUOCO
AR547 ROSSO AMARILLIS
AR548 ROSSO VENEZIANO
AR555 RED
538 ROSSO
167 ROSSO MIRO PEARL [BACKGROUND/TOPCOAT]
AR183 ROSSO
AR179 ROSSO WINNER PEARL

I'm sure I missed one :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never posted a reply to this. Turns out mine is painted AR521. What cars was this used on??

·
Registered
610 Posts
oooh.. Alfa Red (Rosso).. so subjective.

A few years ago I plotted to get my '66 duetto resprayed - it was originally pinifarina red (AR514 i think, orangy) but had been resprayed badly/cheaply by a PO in red - it was a messy, but in a nymph kinda way.

Many, many, many i'net moons laters - I came up with about twenty or so different original Alfa reds.. as per Al Faromeos post. However, on checking out cars at shows and talking to owners it was claimed that they were either AR501 or AR555.. which they couldn't have been, as they were all different. I'm told that the colour of the primer will also have an effect (bloodier/brighter).

In the end, after months of annoying the missus and determining tht being colour blind wasn't helping me identify the original AR501, I gave up and chose a red I liked on a current mass production car (easy to obtain and fix).. chili red (VAG).

.. then I sold her - stupid .

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resurrecting an old thread of mine here, however not sure as to whether to paint my Sprint rosso 130 (which is a bit predictable) or the GTV cup red (what is the paint number for that??) or to do something daft like Proteo red??

Any thoughts??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts