Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where exactly is the paint code located in a 156 (1999)? I've looked in the boot and under the bonnet and can't see anything obvious. I searched the forums and even found a pic of the paint code plate but can't seem to see a similar one.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldn't see it, most of the underside of the boolid is lined anyway.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
RHS edge of the bootlid.

Should be there, unless someone has removed it at some point.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
jonwood79 said:
Isn't Alfa Red 130?
yep, 130BB, but there are several different shades of 130BB so you need to get the right one for your car by comparing with the paint charts.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've checked in daylight, no sign of a paint code in the boot lid area, no marks of a plate ever having been there. No sign of the paint code in the bonnet/engine bay area either.

Weird, makes me a bit suspicious. Glad I have the service history from the only previous owner which includes lots of bills and services all at the only alfa dealer I lived near when I bought it.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
True, but strangely there are several different shades when new too...

W

·
0 Posts
andrew.deackes said:
Well I've checked in daylight, no sign of a paint code in the boot lid area, no marks of a plate ever having been there. No sign of the paint code in the bonnet/engine bay area either.

Weird, makes me a bit suspicious. Glad I have the service history from the only previous owner which includes lots of bills and services all at the only alfa dealer I lived near when I bought it.
It's only a sticker so could easily have been removed...or resprayed I guess!

wrinx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts