·
Registered
3,728 Posts
............Bless you!!!

Sorry mate, that really does sound quite sore

S

·
0 Posts
Followed you here from WOT to offer commiseration.

I hope your physio is as good as mine and sorts you out quickly. :thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
poor maz...i hope you get sorted hun....hugz

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
poor you...i injured my back in feb doing restraint training as part of my job, have had to pay privately for an osteopath to sort it as doctor is rubbish and work dont give a damn

3 sessions cost me a fortune and am now waiting for physio..and still have to work as they dont pay sick..only ssp...:mad:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your right about the GP's....
Ours is like a cattle heard...one out one in as quick as possible..
My employers have really improoved things over the past 2 years and we now have a direct number for occy health and get refered immediatley to physio with any muscular or skeletal injuries either non work related or work related.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Cheers Tess...Thought i'd get ridiculed at the thought of me sneezing and spraining my neck..Just goes to show how caring the AO members are..
i wouldnt ridicule someone in pain hun..i know how you feel...its not nice specially when your employers and doctor dont give a toss

we get no support in work all i got was "well you signed the paper at the start of the course to say they would not get the blame for any injuries recieved during training" so basically its tough :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
exactly......the company i work for are absolute ****e:cheese:

S

·
0 Posts
If I had any sort of mechanical injury I'd phone my physio straight off. She's a complete genius and can fix almost anything mechanical. Cheers Sarah. :thumbs:

PS My GP's great at many things, but he would refer me to a physio for that sort of thing anyway, so I choose to cut out the middleman and get fixed quicker.

K

·
0 Posts
Having been to an osteopath for the first time this year, I wouldn't hesitate to go again if my problems flared up again.

GPs are just not geared up to deal with neck and back problems. When I've been with my neck they have told me it's muscle spasms and offered me valium. The problem was actually soft tissue damage after a couple of injuries in the past. As a results of the osteopath's efforts I have more movement and less stiffness in my neck and shoulders than I've had in years. The NHS seem to regard osteopathy as quackery but, based on personal experience, it really isn't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts