Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Is it cool?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Vendor
45,952 Posts
Its cool alright. Its just not quite sub-zero. Like you say, it does try too hard. But that doesn't stop it from being cool - it is a supercar afterall :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,952 Posts
One thing that's NOT cool about it is the short bonnet. I think Supercars should be more long-bonneted, with the driver sitting way back. I know mid-engined cars are all the rage but I prefer front-engined rear-wheel drive supercars like the Ferrari 575 and 599, Aston Martins, Maserati's, and of course the iconic Chevy Corvette :cool:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I think it's sub-zero, it know's what it is and does it awesomely well, also following the Zonda in EVO Magazine's story also brings to light how awesome a machine this is.

I also think that your joe shmo in the street wouldn't even know what it was which also adds to it's appeal, your not buying it to show off your buying it for pure driving pleasure.

·
Registered
37,874 Posts
Harry Metcalf, of Evo Magazine lives near me, he has a Zonda F..

I saw him drive past in it and it looks and sounds amazing.

I know it is utterly impractical, and flash but I cannot see how it can be anything but sub zero.

·
Registered
26,136 Posts
Not what Gibbo said.

Just imagine picking up your GF with it - it's a boy toy - all muscle and BHP and torque, and as such it is acceptably cool. As a car, however, it don't cut the mustard. Seriously would-be, tries too hard and in the end: totally uncool.
Moreover: the hamster likes it...

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
very cool, pud i was with you all the way until you used the words 'corvette' and 'supercar' in the same sentence:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: ok the original is about the only decent car to come from the states and the stingray is iconic but a supercar? not in a million years, no matter how hard they are trying to turn the current one into one, it still uses leaf springs for gods sake:cheese:

·
Vendor
45,952 Posts
It is a supercar, but only in the sense that it is shockingly quick. There ain't no replacement for displacement after all :D

Don't forget it does 0-60 in FIRST GEAR and hits 120mph in third in ten seconds. Now that is QUICK! If that doesn't make it a supercar I don't know what will.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
There a three speed humps in my street and it's too wide to fit on my drive. That's seriously uncool as far as I'm concerned. :(

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Ghosty has the right idea. Most people wouldn't know what on Earth that thing is. That's OK in my book. :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts