Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iPlayer it Mr G.

He does a great piece about the difference at No10
under Blair & Brown. It's pure comedy gold.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I particularly liked it when he compared the current situation in government with a boil that needs to be lanced before it festers any more! :lol:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Paddy is still a class act, far better than the majority of politicians today. He is intelligent and witty, and his "life" experience puts him on a different level.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Funny and witty, but cheap politics from him IMO. I thought he had more in him than crass statements (and I'm not a GB fan). Still, it's what the public seems to think matters these days - an ability to entertain is more important than political capability.
I have followed Nev's advice and just watched the programme and have to
agree with Fraser.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Perhaps we are starved of characters in todays politics because the leaders of parties
cannot afford (they believe) to have someone more charismatic than themselves on view.

So with Gordon and his lack of personality we have a government with no character at all :(

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
After watching Question Time, and having a chance to think about it, I think from top to bottom in order of common sense, and an ability to be witty (everyone does it after all), I would put:
Liam Fox - excellent (unlike his Blairite teflon coated leader)
Paddy Ashdown - serious when required, but injected some sharp humour.
Max Hastings - I expected a bit more from him contents wise.
Baroness whoever, the Labour peer - Useless
Fiona Phillips - Useless

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I take Gibbo's point about the lack of real debate and substance.

But is there any to be had currently in British Politics?

It was quite entertaining though. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts