Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 3 month old 159 (as in new). Yesterday while getting on the highway, I was using the paddle shifter to get up to speed. All of a sudden, the right paddle shift (upshift) felt like it wasn't clicking properly before falling apart on my lap. As in the back part of it fell off and several plastic hinges on the inside of it were broken. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Seems like poor quality stuff! I am taking it to the dealer Monday; hopefully they can replace it quickly...

·
Registered
1 Posts
159 Steering wheel paddles

Hi everyone. Have had my 159 for 3.5 years and my '+' gear shift paddle just fell apart in my hand while driving! Has anyone else had this happen? does anyone know where I could get after market paddles? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah mate, I've had the exact same issue. The + paddle shift no longer works. I've just tapped it on for the time being (though time being has been 18 months!)

Anyone been able to fix this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah mate this happened to me! I haven't been able to fix it or find replacement parts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,764 Posts
I have put this all in one thread.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
You can buy the paddles separately from Alfa. There is a thread somewhere on here on how to convert a non paddle car to a paddle car and it has all the part numbers in it.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi mrjk,

Fixed mine last year, bought a new set from UK and installed myself. Slight pain in the A$$ to fit. I did however keep the old parts, you might be able to use them to fix yours.
As I'm also in Canberra let me know, I might be able to help!

Cheers,

·
Registered
45 Posts
At the time I was buying a grill badge from e-bay through partsworld-uk. Asked if they could do the shifters also which they could, they were going to cost me mega bucks here in OZ, still cost me big at 141 pounds for the set of 2 but still a lot less than here!

I still need to get myself a second key remote also but I would almost have to hand over my first born to get one over here! $750 AUD!!!!

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts