Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the eml came on as i started the 3.2 and multiecuscan says tis p1688 motorised throttle 2nd idle learn but it won't clear it. Considering the "fun" I've had with this can i expect more crap to come my way or is this solvable?

perhaps i should have waited for the blue ti currently on the bay?

thoughts welcome

Paul

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Oh sir tam

the eml came on as i started the 3.2 and multiecuscan says tis p1688 motorised throttle 2nd idle learn but it won't clear it. Considering the "fun" I've had with this can i expect more crap to come my way or is this solvable?

perhaps i should have waited for the blue ti currently on the bay?

thoughts welcome

Paul
This is a lesser kent anomaly not confined to the limited 3.2 166 market but common in the other models fitted with the 3.2 engine .

I reckon its tay day wie the newer ecu in these models

Can yo recal how you triggered it

Usual mode is leaving the ignition on without strating the car.

IF you just start the car then it doesn't happen. Courtesy of Operationalfa all those years ago.

Pomeo

See Hear :rofl: https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/431873-p1688-fault.html#post6902689

Thinks its the ME7.3.1 Ecu

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
perhaps i should have waited for the blue ti currently on the bay? Paul
WHIT. Howd I miss this tay.?

OK Was lying unner TIa trying to suss oot her rack an see if a Quiff (Quaife) is worth considerin.

Pomeo

Then i'd get my crown back from Mufasa. :lol:

Downside..She'd kill me

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pomeo, the 3.2 ti is a bargain compared to mine, priced so low that someone who wants an engine and ecu for a gta may break her ?

In terms of how the elm came on I don’t recall but on start up I can get the red light on the temperature gauge and the gauge goes up to maximum and down to zero before settling. The odometer can sometimes say “null error” so summat is amiss.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Pomeo, the 3.2 ti is a bargain compared to mine, priced so low that someone who wants an engine and ecu for a gta may break her ��

In terms of how the elm came on I don’t recall but on start up I can get the red light on the temperature gauge and the gauge goes up to maximum and down to zero before settling. The odometer can sometimes say “null error” so summat is amiss.
I wonder is it one of those that might just right itself with a battery disconnect?
Leave it disconnected overnight if possible?
Pomie I thought we agreed you're still the 166 King?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts