Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 Alfa Giulietta 1.6 JTDM which currently has a fault light coming on and off. The fault given is P1541 Variable Displacement Oil Pump which is causing a Check Engine warning light to come on, occasionally the car jumps into limp mode (max 2k revs) but that clears when you turn it off and back on again.

Oil pressure is reported as fine, Any ideas what to check on this? Is it likely to just be an electrical/sensor problem given the oil pressure is reporting ok?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replacing the Oil Pressure switch hasn't worked. After 150 miles the fault light came back on!
It appears the fault is slightly different. Scanned today with an Autel MS309 and it shows P0520 Oil Pressure switch. More digging needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance you were able to figure this out? I have a '13 2.0L JTD, same code given P1541-12 "variable displacement engine oil pump", and my mechanic is stumped haha. Any information would be super helpful!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found a shop that had the diagnostic tools needed, they figured out it was the oil pressure regulator, part number was A55271489. Took them a few hours to install because the old one was seized, said it should normally take a couple hours to replace. Hope this helps people in the future!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.. I have gulietta 2015 diesel and today the check engine light was on! I put the diagnostic and show me the same P1541! Any idea what to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found a shop that had the diagnostic tools needed, they figured out it was the oil pressure regulator, part number was A55271489. Took them a few hours to install because the old one was seized, said it should normally take a couple hours to replace. Hope this helps people in the future!

Did this ultimately fix the problem?
Mine is coming up the same fault code and mechanic is also stumped. The car was going limp for around 30 seconds in the mornings then fine the rest of the day. Been going on for a week or so. Had my Cambelt replaced today also.
(2012 Guilietta 2.0 JTDM veloce)

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
Did this ultimately fix the problem?
Mine is coming up the same fault code and mechanic is also stumped. The car was going limp for around 30 seconds in the mornings then fine the rest of the day. Been going on for a week or so. Had my Cambelt replaced today also.
(2012 Guilietta 2.0 JTDM veloce)
Probably the oil pressure controller, p/n 55246162. Shame you didn't get it fitted while you were in there doing the cambelt, would have saved you a bit of labour doing both jobs together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably the oil pressure controller, p/n 55246162. Shame you didn't get it fitted while you were in there doing the cambelt, would have saved you a bit of labour doing both jobs together.
Thanks for the info.
Yeah I know :rolleyes: cambelt changed & waterpump, oil topped up, hes cleared the fault and driving normal now, DNA working again and S/S function. If the fault returns he'll be back in the garage and will give this a try.
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts