Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having managed to get my car on the road this past weekend, I now got 3 error codes on Alfadiag.

1. P01141: Failed component: Lambda Probe Heater Resistor Circuit Bank 1 (Pre Cat), Fault symptom: Signal not valid.

2. P0420: Failed Component: Efficiency Catalyst Bank 1, Fault Symptom: Above Maximum Limit

3. P0430: Failed Component: Efficiency Catalyst Bank 2, Fault Sysmptom: Above Maximum Limit.

Any ideas what could be going on with my bella? She is running okay at the moment though. Please shed light here. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
Looks like one or more of your Lamdba's is faulty ... you've probably got three on your car .. two precats and one before the main cat. Try reseating all the connections, then clear the faults and see what happens over a few days.

Have you had any replaced recently?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
on a jts, you have 4 lambdas 2 up stream and 2 down stream, sounds like up stream faults un plug and try again

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Gentlemen, I haven't had any changed. I will do as adviced and observe it and see what happens. Will update you. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
be sure to use ONLY Bosch Lambda ....alfa do not like other types

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have unplugging and plugging all the four lambdas. I am still observing and monitoring the faults using alfadiag. I have also noticed, running the tests for the lambda sensors, the tests completes without any problem. I am thinking this suggests my sensors are functinining properly. This means there might be something else. Any more thoughts?

I have also picked another code over the weekend.

P1670: Failed component: Pressure Rail; Fault symptom: Signal below minimum. This error was recorded during car idle (engine speed @ 840 rpm). Any thoughts?

The car is still running okay at the moment. Thanks again for the responses.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
on a jts, you have 4 lambdas 2 up stream and 2 down stream, sounds like up stream faults un plug and try again
5 Lambdas on JTS.

The one that's faulty on yours is on the left at the top as you look from the front of the car.

But with all these faults coming up your battery may need changing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5 Lambdas on JTS.

But with all these faults coming up your battery may need changing.
I am due to get a new battery end of this month, within the next 2 weeks that is.

BTW, I have only noticed 4 lambdas, two pre-cat and two located after the cat. Where would the fifth one be located?

I will run alfa diag again this evening to check if anything came up so far. Thanks again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noticed over the weekend, the battery voltage according to the alfadiag was about 12.5v. Anyone knows what the "ok voltage" should be?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran AD on the bella last night to check for any creeping errors both on the Selespeed systems and the Engine management system! :) I smiled... nothing came up so far. Will keep on monitoring the situation. Thanks guys for your help!:cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: i recently got the engine light. On running AD I got 3 error codes, P0571, P0420 & P0430. Two codes are reccuring here, the 420 & 430. The fault symptom for these codes is a signal that is above max limit.

Its to do with Lambda Voltage Bank 1 and Bank 2. The signals here are supposed to be between 0 and 1, but on my bella they are showing to be between 1 and 2 volts. As this are above maximum limit, the error keeps coming up.

What could be causing the high voltage readings? Is it inevitable that my lambda sensor is packing up or there is something else?

Well, about P0571: Cruise Control Brake switch, signal not valid, engine speed 800rpm... I am :confused: My bella doesn't have cruise control? What could it mean? Thanks again for ur responses...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I recently had a hole host of faults that did not make sense on my jts, one thing that got rid of 99% of them was reseating and cleaning up the two large connectors at the back of the engine bay, just to the left of the throttle body they are clipped on to a metal bracket..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts