Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alas another one bites the dust.m
Alfa red 1998 p1 GTV twinspark being broken as both rear springpans have rotted through and its an uneconomical repair. Bodywork is in pretty good condition and colour is Alfa Red with no Alfa Pink showing. I will get some pictures up later in the week. Please post here with parts needed as I only have 5 pm's available.

Engine & Gearbox in great condition with no variator noise, rattles or bangs and all gears easily selected.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would this car have the same clutch return spring as on a 6 speed v6 phase 2? If so please tell me how much and I'll sort it out for you :thumbup:

Oh, and if the nozzles on the scuttle panel are the same as a ph2 v6 then I'd like 1 or 2 of those too please :)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
A1 door cards and the panels at the sides of the rear seats if possible. I can never get them off without breaking them.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Off side front fog light 'triangle' cover and the fixings for the panel over the fuse board by the drivers right knee if you have them please?

I presume these are the same as on the phase 2?

DM me and we can sort the trade via e-mail?

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleisthesnes, im not sure? But with yours being a V6 I doubt they will be the same, if its part of the pedal assembly? It might be the same. Can you post a picture of the missing parts location? As for the nozzles are those the spray bars that attach to wipers? If so yes both are present.

Mitch, no worries but she is sitting at garage at the mo and probably weekend before I get her home to dismantle.

Schemeuk I beleive those parts are present but I will have to check at the weekend. :)

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,658 Posts
Shame you are not closer I would love a red bonnet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would like passenger door window regulator and N82 window control box. Please contact me with e-mail to discuss.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cleisthesnes, im not sure? But with yours being a V6 I doubt they will be the same, if its part of the pedal assembly? It might be the same. Can you post a picture of the missing parts location? As for the nozzles are those the spray bars that attach to wipers? If so yes both are present.

Mitch, no worries but she is sitting at garage at the mo and probably weekend before I get her home to dismantle.

Schemeuk I beleive those parts are present but I will have to check at the weekend. :)
Hi,

It's number 7 on the diagram which is from a ph1 car, so I think it's the same but I'm not 100% sure.

The nozzles I refer to are found on the scuttle as opposed to on the wiper, they are what the washer fluid hose attaches to. They are right angled connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the GTV idles nice and smoothly at <1,000 rpm I'd love your idle control valve and stepper motor. E-mail me and we can sort something out. Many thanks. :)

Andy

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cleisthenes, Nozzles are yours and clutch return spring too.

Mitch, drivers side front door card has one crack/split on leading front edge about 3cm long, only visible when door open.
Passenger side front is mint.
Rear passengerside small split lower down
Drivers side rear is mint.

Schemeuk, fog light triangles present and correct as seen in pictures. Fuse box cover does look slightly different to my P2. I will take a pic and let you see if its what you need or not?

Krisp, no worries parts you need are present and working and yours.

Andy, engine and gearbox are excellent on this car and idle is 800rpm, im loathe to remove ICV but will photo to be sure its the same as yours and if so its yours.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Has Cleisthenes got both of the scuttle washer nozzles? If 1 is still avaliable I would like it as my drivers side one is broken on my car
Thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Eaurouge, if it makes it economical to repair, Ive two polybushed spring pans in my attic that you can have

Just back from the ring and ticked over 176k miles thanks to you so feel like I owe you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Eaurouge, if it makes it economical to repair, Ive two polybushed spring pans in my attic that you can have

Just back from the ring and ticked over 176k miles thanks to you so feel like I owe you
At the risk of losing out on parts, it does seem a shame to break the car up if it's just spring pans....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts