Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the car breaking down and the RAC and multi scan diagnosing a fault RPM (crank sensor) so I've just replaced it, I found dropping the front part of the exhaust gives you the space you need.
So all re fitted and reset the error codes being stored and whoop de do it won't start the injection light goes out initially but when trying to start it comes back on.
I've left it for tonight and thought I'd disconnect the battery over night as well, will this reset the ECU? Also what else could be wrong?
The old sensor worked long enough for me to get the car on the ramp but as soon as the engine gets warm it cut out, the one I've fitted is brand new!
If leaving the battery disconnected doesn't work I'm going to remove it and try refitting just in case!
Is it possible to fit these wrongly?!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the old one had an o ring on it and the new did too!
If the sensor wasn't pushed in properly would that have implications on not starting! Although I had a work lamp I can't see properly if it's pushed all the way home!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Yes it would. Did you get the sensor from eBay?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No got it from Eurocarparts it's the right one for the car, the old one was really tight and the new one I couldn't work out if it went all the way in! I got the bolt done up but I'm not 100% that it's in properly! I've just got this niggle if that makes sense!?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Euro car parts sell cheap rubbish too. Always worth getting the direct replacement when it comes to sensors

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought it they was the choice of two one really cheap one and an OE one I went for the OE one! I shall be mightily P*ssed off if it's faulty!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would compare the length of the old and new. They should be exactly the same length with a tolerance of 0.5 to 1.5 mm.
Is that the sensor length?! I think they were the same but I will double check, as I said I've got this feeling it's not fitted properly! I'll get it out again tomorrow and try and make sure it's fitted properly!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's only fixed!? A combination of old O ring was still in place and the new sensor was duff! Replaced the sensor and fired up straight away! One thing I would suggest if anyone else has to do it is remove the front section of exhaust up to the car and it gives you good access to the sensor! Wish now I'd taken pictures to do a write up on the job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts