Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On occasions with the engine hot after a brief shutdown (eg motorway service garage) when accelerating away I get a warning, the engine goes into limp mode for a few seconds before allowing me to accelerate away as normal. When I read the motor sensor failure I get the above code. Just to add to the confusion couple of days ago it was Cylinder 1 injector circuit high!! This problem started a couple of months ago and I actually went ahead and replaced all the ignition coils - car has done 120k miles so thought it wouldnt do any harm - however its still persisiting. Apart from this occasional glitch the engine runs extremely smoothly with no roughness or lack of acceleration. By the way its a 2005 2.0 JTS. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did notice when i changed the ignition coils the electrical plugs looked ok but alot of the plastic shielding component had deteriorated so just leaving relatively thin unprotected wires coming from the coils. Also i noticed due to frequent topping up of oil, oil had seeped into the plug well of 1/4 cylinder (how are they numbered?!?)

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Try new ignition cables !
There must be power leaking/sparking away at one or more leads

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
I did notice when i changed the ignition coils the electrical plugs looked ok but alot of the plastic shielding component had deteriorated so just leaving relatively thin unprotected wires coming from the coils. Also i noticed due to frequent topping up of oil, oil had seeped into the plug well of 1/4 cylinder (how are they numbered?!?)
I think most people on here will regard plug 1 as the plug nearest the cambelt, but a lot of engines are actually the opposite way around now .. plug 1 is near the gearbox! I think that's a French thing as I'm sure the Clio and 206s are that way, but I'd have to double check the Haynes for them ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts