Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I wonder if any gurus out there could help? On turning on the engine on my 156 JTD I get an immediate MCSF warning, the code is P0235. The engine is flat and will not even go beyond 3,200 rpm.

I have read and tried the solutions elsewhere on the AO threads , as follows all with no joy

1. disconnected the MAF.
2. replaced the boost pressure sensor ( VNT solenoid ) ( the one behind the bonnet catch).
3 Cleaned the MAP.
4. checked the hoses, all seem perfect, but i will replace.
5. closed off the hose from the VNT to the turbo actuator to test, as per got one two's excellent post of 13.01.09.
6. checked the turbo actuator arm is moving ok.
7. EGR was replaced 3 months ago.

I am now stumped. Any help to breath life back into my 156 would be very much appreciated.

Steve:(

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If it comes up immediately then I would guess the problem is the MAP sensor itself not actually reading. Have you got multiecuscan? If so you can plot the reading from this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MAP sensor was replaced about 6 months ago but I think it was non genuine. Where do I get multicuscan? or indeed use it??

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You need a laptop in which you can install the software free (Google multiecuscan) then you can pick up some kkl cables from ebay or similar, I got mine from buy_me_from_dan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers my friend I'll try that, I'll update the thread with the outcome and if its positive it will help someone with the problem .

:)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
How old is the battery?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
plugged the scanner in and got a voltage reading of 0.03 v both on idle and under throttle. i beleive it should be about 4 v in which case it sounds like it needs replacing.
any suggestions to source ?

Many thanks all. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Another quick check to do first would be to measure the resistance across the sensor to make sure it is faulty and not the wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts