Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya... well after a few months of trouble free motoring with the Alfa i now have this error code flashing up.

The story started with me getting a pool of water in the passenger footwell last week this turned out to be blocked draining holes under the window wiper section of the engine bay. I unblocked the drains and the water dispersed... and lots of it!

However since then my interior heater hasnt worked at all which i think is due to the water pouring inside... Ive just taken the Alfa out for a spin and beep beep MCSF and now it says i have P0203 error... take to dealer flashing up...

P0203 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 3

Could this be related? i cant see how the water build up would have any relevance to the cylinder 3 having a mailfunction...

any ideas???

Cheers

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okies... so ive unplugged the injector electrical connectors and number 3 was looking dirtier than the rest so i sprayed with wd40 let dry out and then replaced the connector....

turned key to MAR, plugged in my Geniscan handheld thingy... (would have gone to option 2 fiat/alfa scan + laptop, next stage) and cleared the fault.

Started engine... all peachy... no error and smooth revs etc... fixed for now i reckon.

SO... then while out braving the cold, i got under the passenger footwell and removed the interior cover (2 screws) and had a poke about... tis quite interesting under there, so i uplugged a few connector thingys here and there and had a good feel around to see if it had dried out at all... seemed dry enough, so why are my blowers not working... ?

So anyway i plugged it all back together, replaced cover and turned on the heater for curiosity sake and hey presto... full blowing heaters!... magic hands today i think... Take to dealer??? pifffftttt... unplug and re-plug EVERYTHING!

Happy Christmas everyone lol!

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Excellent news, only I would keep quiet about the "magic hands", otherwise your street will be blocked by Alfa owners looking for a quick fix :lol:

Happy Christmas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts