Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, changed the oil(selenia) on my 1.4 MA and after driving for about 20 miles the engine management light came on and it wouldn't let me change out of Normal mode, also no start stop. Had a friend put his OBD on and it came back with that code , which relates to lean mixture on bank one.Any idea what sensor or part of the car it relates to? The light hasn't been back on since we cleared it, and the car still runs fine.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
P0171 also

Hi all, changed the oil(selenia) on my 1.4 MA and after driving for about 20 miles the engine management light came on and it wouldn't let me change out of Normal mode, also no start stop. Had a friend put his OBD on and it came back with that code , which relates to lean mixture on bank one.Any idea what sensor or part of the car it relates to? The light hasn't been back on since we cleared it, and the car still runs fine.
Hmmm... I have the same problem, P0171, expect the engine management light never came on. There's a hot smell (like burning plastic) and engine performance is lumpy, even more than usual. There's lots of power available but doesn't seem well controlled, as though the turbo is over-boosting.

Seems like there's a dozen things this could be, from a sticking turbo wastegate to a weak fuel pump, failed lambda sensor, or simply an air leak.

Did your management light come back?

Cheers,
-Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts