Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I've been offered an R-reg 145 1.8 in part ex against my facelift 145 Cloverleaf.
I know the owner, so not worried about the car being dodgy but just thought I'd see what people think as I'm unsure.
Mines out of TAX and insurance tomorrow, so it wont be used anyway and I'm prepared to drop the price abit more now.

I would just sell it on, but is it worth my while with it being a cheaper to buy and run car.....will I sell it easier?

Its a very nice condition recently fully colour coded met. red 1.8 with grey interior, 70k ish miles, lowered, plenty tax and mot. Brand new Laser mid section & back box.

It has master key which mine dont, and has done less miles.....so taking this into account and with mine needing tax and an exhaust, I would get a few hundred in cash.

I'd need to sell it for as close to a grand as possible, is that realisitic and a good option instead of waiting for somebody......more than likely who will be from down south to come up and pay what I want for mine?

By the way, if anyones likely to be interested in mine or the 1.8 let me know! :)

Cheers
P

R

·
0 Posts
Nope.

Yours has a leather interior and is a Cloverleaf is much more desireable; after all you were selling a 145, so why swap it for another?

Keep yours and get is sorted - I would.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping mine and spending money on its not an option. :(

I'm thinking a cheaper car should be easier to sell.....plus it dont need anything spent on it which is why i'm tempted. :confused:

R

·
0 Posts
I think it'll be more difficult to sell a 1.8.

If you're looking for a hot-hatch type, what do you buy - a 2.0 or a 1.8?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know but I'd say it looks as good as an r reg cloverleaf, and is only slightly less powerfull......but cheaper to insure etc

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its never been off the road...... :rolleyes:

Some usefull replies there eh!

Maybe I should make my question a bit simpler :D -

How much do you think I would get for the r reg 1.8 taking the above discription into account?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its never been off the road...... :rolleyes:

Some usefull replies there eh!

Maybe I should make my question a bit simpler :D -

How much do you think I would get for the r reg 1.8 taking the above discription into account?
According to Parkers not a right lot.. They say:
Original Price £15,052
Independent Dealer £615
Private Good £500
Private Poor £365
Part Exchange £425

1998/R Alfa Romeo 145 1.8 TS 16V 3d Valuation - Parker's

NOW, on Autotrader there is a 1997 1.8 TS with 11 months MOT and 5 months TAX, 89000 miles, thats going for £675..

On the other hand there are three 2.0 Cloverleafs on Autotrader... The cheapest one is £1395...

Id keep the Cloverleaf..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Its not going to be used though guys, i'm just trying to get some money asap you see!

I think I would get £800 at least for the 1.8 since its a tidy one and plus I'll maybe be able to agree on him giving me £400 cash......which is £1200+ in total, and about what I'm likely to get for mine now!

Nobody else has even been to look at the cloverleaf, surely a lower mileage cheaper car with the master key will be easier to sell.....:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Then do it......................

Personally, I wouldn't as you'll be stuck with a 1.8

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But i'm stuck with the 2.0 as it is so better being stuck with a 1.8l and some money. :rolleyes:

Meeting up with the guy again at the weekend for another chat and i'll get a better look over the car......so will see what happens!

If he wont or cant pay enough on top then I obviously wont do it, or if I see things that his needs doing. :confused:

Your right that my car is more desirable, and I dont want to end up with a car I dont know well, that could have problems I cant spot........argh its just a **** time for selling cars! :rant:

R

·
0 Posts
The 2.0 147 is a very nice car but it's very "soft" in comparisson to the 145.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2.0 147 is a very nice car but it's very "soft" in comparisson to the 145.
Soft is what I think we need after having the QV for two years. Something a bit more comfortable for our pot holed speed bumped roads. Need to drive one before I sell the QV.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want another hatch then I wouldnt change the QV for anything other than a 147 GTA. :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was intent on getting a GTA until I read some of the horror stories on this site. :eek:
But there is horror stories about every model on this site and we're all still here! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts