Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, will the OZ Superleggera cast, in size 18x8, ET35, fit the GTA with the larger brakes ?
I know Ghosty had them in 19" variation, but I have an option to get these wheels cheap and would like to know if they fit. I would normally try them on, but it's complicated and it seems I can't :(

Anyone have a spec sheet, TUV report, or similar to confirm they fit or not ?

PS. Just to make sure everybody knows what I am talking about, these are the wheels in question : http://err0neous.org/mbz/oz_superleggera_1000.jpg

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone ?
Ghosty ? Did yours fit without any spacers ? I know they were 19", but usually, if 19" fit, so will 18".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those interested, Superleggera, Ultraleggera, Superturismo, most of OZ wheels that are advertised to fit the GTA, will fit with 7mm spacers. They even come with a fitmet kit from OZ which contains the mentioned spacers and spigot rings.
I had mine done in 8mm with hubcentric spigot rings, eveything fits perfectly.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Sorry mate never saw this, didn't have any spacers or anything as far as I know, they just went on with wobble bolts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it depends on the brake setup. From what I can see, they would "probably" fit, very closely, without spacers, on 330mm brakes. But I am not sure. With the 8mm spacers there is plenty of space between calipers and rims.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already fitted, car is 95% ready. All I need now is to shield the oil pipes from the alloy undertray, polish the speedometer, tachometer and the 3 gauges on the center console as they have very slight sctaches on them, paint and then refit the interior plastics and is it. Then it's MOT time.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Any photos of the car with the wheels on?

What undertray did you go for Alexandrus, the Zeatek one? I need a new undertray and want to know if it fits first time or if modification is required.

Alan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just before I installed the front bumper.
Work in progress pictures by Ataemonus - Photobucket

Yes, the Zeatek one, got it 3 years ago from Alfisti.net.
It bumps on the oil radiator pipes, so when I had it installed at Alfisti they put some sponge on the area of the undertray, but my mechanic took it off. When I take the undertray off again I should have it cleaned, as it's dirty, and apply a generous amount of cushioning in that area.

PS. Interior gauges are now polished to perfection. Wheeeee....

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Did you buy it crashed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you buy it crashed?
Funny thing is the car was NEVER crashed(at least nothing that would need any parts replaced, just minor scratches), lol, it's me being defective and always takeing it apart to do improvements rather than driving it.

amclean, the fuel rails are actually some sort of titanium grey, Stellar Gray is the color name. I painted them with the paint I had rather than chosing a special color for them. Too bad I could not get the darn hose off one of the rails or I would have had them powdercoated as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not the same car but My cars a GTV 6 on 17 inch teledials and 330's fit that ok. I'll do some piccies as soon as I've washed it:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts