Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any photos or experience of these wheels?

I'd really like to see them on a car if possible.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I believe these are really light weight. Have you noticed better responses?

Anyone with a pic of them on a lowered 156?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do look sweet.

Anyone know a good supplier (ie good price/service and supply with tyres?)

·
Vendor
47,007 Posts
Not keen on them on a 156, especially with the small brakes behind them.. What size would you be wanting them in?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too sure. I can't decide between 17 or 18 inch. I HATE big wheels and small brakes, but the 156 brakes are awful and need changing anyway!

Do you know if the 330mm diameter Brembos fit behind a 17 inch rim?

·
Vendor
47,007 Posts
Do you know if the 330mm diameter Brembos fit behind a 17 inch rim?
Yeah, but its close. Depending on the wheel offset the wheel might not clear the caliper though..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have used Google so much ... but what I REALLY want if I can get it is experience of people from a trusted source (aka this community)

Two things come to mind from your last post if you don't mind me asking.

1 - is ET35 the standard offset or is that only for the GTAs because I really want to keep the standard offset if possible. This is intended as a road car - not a track car.

2 - Why will fitting the GTA brakes be such a challenge? I am guessing that the mounting points will be different - or is one axial and the other radial? I wasn't actually planning on using GTA brakes as it happens because I wanted to have some bells made up to accept bolt-on discs, but I guess I could use the calipers off a GTA. I guess also that as I am planning to have my own bells made up that I can accomodate some difference in the alignment/adapt to suit with bespoke bracketry.

Do you know if there are any issues with the master cylinder. While I'm asking this - any ideas what master cylinders will give me a harder pedal? I find the stock one way too soft (and no, there is no issues with brake fluid).

G

·
Since you obviously found the brake thread where you will find everything you need to know(the callipers are exactly what you cannot use off a GTA, unfortunately), I will answer question 1.
I think standard GTA ET is 32, but the GTA has wider arches than the stock 156/147, which has an ET of 38 iirc. So the OZ wheel will stick out a bit more, being wider(7.5" or even 8") and having a smaller ET than stock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks.

Just in case anyone is interested, I have a spreadsheet I did years ago for a race car I was having set up problems with.

Given certain data, it will identify the correct balance bar setting front to rear. Parameters are
1 - wheelbase
2 - CoG height
3 - static weight balance Front to rear
4 - downforce Front and rear
5 - Master cylinders sizes for front and rear circuit
6 - slave cylinder sizes for each caliper (actual pistons diameters and number per caliper required)
7 - Rotor diameter
8 - mu estimates for brake materials (in case you are using different pads front and rear)
9 - Target deceleration rates (in 'g')

I think that is it. If anyone wants a copy, let me know, but I warn you it is NOT a user friendly document. It only took me a couple of hours to knock up - but it proved VERY effective. Having spent three meetings struggling with brake setup and being given so much duff advice by people who should 'know' I used this sheet to set up the brakes for the next meeting. It was less than a quarter turn out on the balance bar, so I reckon it is pretty OK. Similar situation when we needed a wet set up for that matter.

May not be overly useful for a road car, but you should be able to 'check' the options you have/are interesting in getting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts