Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there im thinking about getting my first alfa a 156 2.5 v6 on a t plate is ther anything i should look out for and watch out for and are these good cars

A

·
0 Posts
alfa's have a soul...
love her and she will love you... :)
alfa's a great cars. :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
hi there im thinking about getting my first alfa a 156 2.5 v6 on a t plate is ther anything i should look out for and watch out for and are these good cars
You buy an Alfa with your heart, not your head. So if you are comparing it with a Toyota or a Honda and looking for the same trouble free motoring, you might be dissapointed.

Having said that, My 156 V6 manual 6 speed is 7 years old last week (Sep 11th 2001!!!) and covered 180,000km. With the exception of 2 light bulbs, 1 clutch and 1 AC evaporator, all I had to do was to service it on time. I did not even have to change the MAF

Just make sure you buy a well loved and looked after car and the rewards are :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck

·
Registered
38,297 Posts
I would seek out a Veloce/Sportpack version if I was you. As the non sportpack versions don't handle anywhere near as well.

Although the suspension is easy enough to upgrade. ;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
The V6 should be relatively bullet-proof but, as the others have said, make sure you get a loved one and then look after it. Alfa ownership will repay your investment many time over :cool: (although not financially :rolleyes: ).

Beware the fuel consumption on the V6, though. Most people seem to only get around 25mpg when it's driven as it should be.......

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Actually if it's driven as it should be it returns about 12mpg :p

·
Registered
38,297 Posts
as much as 12mpg?

I reckon you could get it down to about 5-7mpg on a track. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my 156 its a great car with a soul as people on here say. I've driven audis bmws and neither i think compare. The 2.5 v6 will drink like a fish tho i reckon. The 2L is nice but then I havent driven the 2.5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts