Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of an update into the day to day living with a giulietta

Car - 1.6jtdm-2 sportiva etna black (paint holding up well unlike our alfa red met mito)
extras - privacy glass in rear, heated front seats (excellent in winter) blue and me tomtom (portable) very nice system links to car perfect and has some nice features with out the huge bill from the factory fit sat-nav option

had the car now for 8,005 miles and 7 months owned from new, now the engine has a few miles under it im quite suprised by how good this 1.6 engine is plenty of power and bags of torque very quick in d-mode,and will quite easily keep its own against bigger german diesel's fuel economy 47-50mpg round town 56+ on a run the offical performance figures seem to be more conservative than what you actually get.

the car seems very well built no rattle from trim etc enought standard equipment to entertain and best of all it seems quite exclusive and gets alot of attention (touch wood all been good up to this point)

just a couple of points i find the front seats to have very little support on the side bolster and no foot rest for clutch leg ( i think this has been sorted on 2014 spec cars)

current problems are a rattling/knocking front passenger wheel (new strut fitted fault still exists going back to dealership all faith this will be sorted soon possible anti roll links

hand brake gaitor has fallen to pieces being changed under warranty

i will add the sale process was excellent from this dealership but this hasnt been such from there after sales department.

overall im more than happy with the car and would recommend any body to go and have a serious look if thinking of purchasing a g

thanks for reading
Matt

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Hijacking someone else's thread to sell your car = Not cool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bit of an update into the day to day living with a giulietta

just a couple of points i find the front seats to have very little support on the side bolster and no foot rest for clutch leg ( i think this has been sorted on 2014 spec cars)

thanks for reading
Matt

new seats seem ok, to me
'no foot rest for clutch leg'; still an 'issue' but, depending on how i position seat height, I find i can slip my foot under the clutch
not the safest thing to do mind you!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Its not unreasonable to say that most businesses have great sales and **** aftersales, with very few exceptions, Alfa UK fit firmly in that bracket unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts