Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the g now for just shy of a year and 12,000miles this will be the last ownership report for this car as its due to go back in sept as we have now ordered a sportive nav 2.0jtdm-2 150bhp

As iv mentioned before the 1.6 diesel has more than shown its capabilities and if the sportiva nav was available in this engine I would have had another, its a fantastic little engine loads of power and huge mpg 64.4mpg on a run and 50mpg around town with a/c on,

the car it self has been excellent and hasn't suffered with any known fault's on the interior or electric side, but has suffered with a suspension noise that unfortunately the dealer hasn't been able to fix in 7 attempts and 6 months and countless parts, this is the main reason along with poor dealer help on fixing this issue, why we are changing to another g, the dealer has bent over backwards to help us into a new g mainly due to the troubles we have had and that cannot be faulted but I wouldn't recommend there service/after sales department to any body and as soon as the new car is driven away we won't be back.

the interior/exterior are holding up fine to every day life and after a good clean still looks like brand new

we have been more than happy with this car and that's one reason why we are staying with alfa

·
Registered
554 Posts
was this main dealer service a name that starts with A or B or C - if your county is Derbyshire - I have had a lot of issues with A not being good at all.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yep, they are a multi brand service outfit - I feel they treat Alfa as mere machines and do not have a great in depth knowledge of our cars. Best aftercare for me was Benfield up in Newcastle.

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
I don't understand why a car sales executive needs to buy a new Giulietta from another dealership? Do you sell Alfa Romeos for this dealer or another place ? Don't you get a car with your job generally Mattymito ? Intriguing .

·
Registered
554 Posts
no i dont work for them - my car is a company car and A are geographically nearest to m. The other two dealers B & C are about 30 miles away and ws interested to see from Mattymito whether he was using A or one of the others so I can avoid them too. My current G is on 121K miles and my new one due in September.

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
no i dont work for them - my car is a company car and A are geographically nearest to m. The other two dealers B & C are about 30 miles away and ws interested to see from Mattymito whether he was using A or one of the others so I can avoid them too. My current G is on 121K miles and my new one due in September.
No , don't mean you . I mean Mattymito ! Does he work for A, B OR C ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
sorry cue2, he could have meant Beechdale as they are in Derby but Autoworld is in Chesterfield which is Derbyshire. I was trying to let him know if he was thinking of using A instead of B they were not good and if he meant A then I agree to try and keep clear - frying pan and fire so to speak.

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
sorry cue2, he could have meant Beechdale as they are in Derby but Autoworld is in Chesterfield which is Derbyshire. I was trying to let him know if he was thinking of using A instead of B they were not good and if he meant A then I agree to try and keep clear - frying pan and fire so to speak.
But he describes himself as a Car Sales exec or something like that . Surely he works at a place which provides him with a car ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to clear a few bit up here - i'm a used car sales manager and work for a company that sells all makes and models (no new vehicles), i personally don't want a company car and like to choose my own private car.

iv had a mito off auto-world and the experience was terrible, i also visited auto-world again before buying my current g and it was so bad and under hand tactics used i reported them to alfa uk i wouldn't/couldn't treat my customers like they treated us, and they knew my background and company i work for.

our current mito is from beech dale and our current g is too, the sales experience was very good but there after sales is appalling and was basically branded a liar by the service manager and told the g was fine and no fault
could be found,we are only having this car off them because of price and then we will not be returning to them.

I also spoke to Chris variava in Nottingham and to give them credit a very good experience from them but unfortunately they were quite far off on the price but in the future i will be using them
probably when the mito is ready for changing in a couple of years

·
Registered
33,768 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Mattymito !
Must be interesting dealing with your new car sales equivalents then ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cue2 were i work we operate a no high pressure policy and there are no sales targets this works extremely well for us as customers are getting increasingly annoyed with pressure sales and it makes for a better sales experience for us and the buyer.

i understand the new car sales men are target driven and under huge strain to get monthly figures with some dealer groups aka bristol street motors there jobs depend on hitting targets or there out of a job.

i find here high pressure sales tactics very poor for business and customer retention
when i walk in a new car show room i ask for the manager and tell him/her i don't want the bull **** sales script and that normally sorts them out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A car sales that sells all makes of used cars and a no pressure sales approach near derby... Hilton by any chance?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I haven't used CV but a friend has and swears by them - he has had 4 car off them. I was trying to steer away from AW for service as all my dealings with them have been very poor and I told Alfa customer care on a service telephone questionnaire. Sounds like I need to steer clear of BD too then. Will make a concerted effort to use Benfield whenever I can then in future or give CV a try when the new car finally comes.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I bought my current car from CV and have been back a couple of times for warranty niggles. Had nothing but professional, courteous service from them and would reccommend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have now changed my order from beechdale to chris variava the car is a little more expensive but the service has been great up to yet and i feel if a problem does come up they will take it seriously

·
Registered
554 Posts
Going to CV tomorrow to look at their matte magnesio QV LE in the showroom. Car is ordered through our head office in New Zealand so not sure which dealer will be the supplying one. If CV or Benfield can be nominated then I will feed this back to NZ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts