Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

she’s sick again . Yesterday while driving back from work , I found a nice empty stretch of road

kicked down ; but the car was not accelerating ,turns out , it was overheating without noticing.
I quickly shut it off , let it cool and basically nursed it to a gas station to buy coolant.
Turns out the reservoir is empty !!! BONE DRY , it’s weird coz there are no spots under the car overnight.

I filled it with coolant and noticed a leak here ( see image)

what is that part exactly ?
It seems to be dripping slowly from there

Attachments

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
We’ll live and learn, thanks for educating me about that. Begs the question why water might be coming from it (and why do it in the first place!). Or is the OP indicating a general area/specific item?
The part I’ve circled doesn’t look right, is that where the thermostat is on this engine? Does not look like one with which I’m familiar? The entire area is ‘untidy’.
Gas Auto part Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Metal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys , thanks for the reply .
The red pipe is an aftermarket high pressure pipe I fitted in a local tuner shop !

it can apparently withstand more pressure.

You can see the coolant on the silver metal thing which is dripping .
I am trying to identify the part

·
Registered
2010 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm2
1,262 Posts
It might be best to clean up the area and try to see where the coolant is coming from. In both photos I’m struggling to see which parts have coolant residue on. It can’t be from the red pipe as that’s (so far as I can see) part of the induction piping rather than the cooling system. I’m not familiar with that particular engine to be able to say where the coolant pipes are.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
The silver metal part is the throttle body, looking at picture I would say the silver pipe just above it that goes back to the reservoir could be the culprit, it has a rubber hose on the end that goes to head/stat housing. My old MA engine had the hose fail. Rubber hose not available as separate part and at the time it was shortly after brexit and part wasn’t available from Italy so I kept metal pipe but replaced rubber section with silicone hose of correct bore 8mm if memory serves correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot guys . I live in Saudi Arabia which explains all the dust . And I’m afraid of cleaning the areas as these cars are very very sensitive .
When I run it , there seems to be some dripping . Imma go check now with some light and be posting my findings .
Appreciate all the reps she’s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts