Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
working on a 116 engine and stuck at " rear oil sealing half rings " what is meant by these ?, how do they look?
the handbook doesnt show a picture...
someone?

kind regards,

Kobalt1234

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
"cigarette seals"? maybe.......why they call them half rings, dunno....maybe because half sits in the block and the half sits in the rear end cap?

the 2 long rubber plugs you see here:
Performance 2L reBuild Giulia-Help Appreciated! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Edit: no, actually, they don't mean the cigarette seals either, because reading on there is mention of these and how to put them in.
then I thought they meant the thrust washers for the crank, but these too are mentioned separately
then I thought they meant the rear main oil seal, but this too is mentioned separately...

so really, I just cannot fathom out what they mean, and it is mentioned in the german, french and german versions too:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"cigarette seals"? maybe.......why they call them half rings, dunno....maybe because half sits in the block and the half sits in the rear end cap?

the 2 long rubber plugs you see here:
Performance 2L reBuild Giulia-Help Appreciated! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Edit: no, actually, they don't mean the cigarette seals either, because reading on there is mention of these and how to put them in.
then I thought they meant the thrust washers for the crank, but these too are mentioned separately
then I thought they meant the rear main oil seal, but this too is mentioned separately...

so really, I just cannot fathom out what they mean, and it is mentioned in the german, french and german versions too:(
not so easy to answer, I'm stuck at that point too:ermm:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
other crankshaft in

the assumption is that a 1750 crankshaft will fit the 1600 engine and the mentioned half rings are no longer necessary. Let's hope the oil will stay in...:vs_lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.