Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've become aware over the last couple of days that unless I have the climate control on LO, I get heat belting out at full power. Any ideas what might be causing this?

At my last service the garage told me my air filter housing was knackered, the screws were threaded and they couldn't open it to change the filter itself. That is the first service I have had on this car and I am sorting out a refurb housing from Autolusso. I am alive to the possibility that the housing could have been knackered for sometime, and maybe the last service missed out the air filter too. Could this be related? ie lack of cold air because of blocked filter? Probably not that but I mention it in case.

If it's not that then some thermostat must have gone? What are the likely issues and what £££'s might I be looking at?

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
It sounds to me like the interior temp sensor for the cabin has failed, or become blocked off. The interior heating & airbox (for the air filter) are unrelated. The air filter box filters the air for your engine, air into the cabin is filtered by the pollen filters in the passenger side footwell.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Where is this sensor? I'd like to do a visual check first off. I'd love it to be as simple as a bit of litter I can pull out and have it working again ;)

M

·
0 Posts
It's behind the two little vents below radio...

Also may be worth checking the water temp sensor for climate control has not become unattached or is fubar.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
It's behind the two little vents below radio...

Also may be worth checking the water temp sensor for climate control has not become unattached or is fubar.
Good call. Its bound to be a sensor of some sort which is confusing the climate control computer and making it think the cabin permanently needs heating up, unless it is set on maximum cold.

L

·
0 Posts
what external temperature does it show? perhaps the temp sensor on the passengers mirror is defective?

G

·
0 Posts
What Pat (Lacken) said +1
Might be a long shot but try disconnecting the battery and doing an soft ecu rest proceedure (do a search on how to)

Now try your blower heater controls and see if it works the way you want it to;)

L

·
0 Posts
Graham, you'll find thats for a pre-facelift air-con system. I'm sure the OP's is a face-lift interior

1 - 10 of 10 Posts