Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I am the type of road user that believes with a bit of consideration the machine that is 'traffic' can move better i.e. leave a gap so that oncoming traffic can turn in front of you into a side road etc when your lane comes to a standstill, let 'one in' when your lane start moving off etc

BUT

Why oh why do some folk stop when your lane is clear to let someone turn in front of them - I name this 'over consideration' & it drives me bonkers! :mad:

I was following someone earlier on a clear road, they applied the brakes & I thought WTF? - we came to a stop & it was to let some one turn in front of them :rant:

Stop it!! :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was driving down the road the other day when 2 Audi A3s pulled out of a side road left onto my direction. Unfortunately I was too far behind to block them and not let them out.

They then come to the next traffic light junction and turn left, as I was taking, the first one does a U turn and sits at the traffic lights to go back onto the main road the way he was coming.

The 2nd one just braked. No indicators, no attempt at turning. Just sat there thinking I was psychic as to his plan.

The taxi behind me cracked up and took to the pavement, I blasted the horn (glad it's working again!) and only then did the Audi put the indicator on to indicate that they wanted to U turn.

I found a dip in the footpath and went round him myself, indicating to him politely that I took displeasure in his driving skills.

Why could he not have done that further up the road, instead of blocking the whole junction? There are plenty of turning opportunities on that road.

Bloody Audi drivers :mad::rant:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arsehols the lot of them but what really gets me is when people do those things then look at me like i'm a ****ing idiot for not knowing what they were going to do.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am trying to calm down when faced with the stupidity of other drivers as it has twice got me into bother the last few weeks.

I am now just counting to ten and continuing on my way.
:lol::lol::lol:

But there are a lot of arseholes out there.:rant:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to calm down when faced with the stupidity of other drivers as it has twice got me into bother the last few weeks.

I am now just counting to ten and continuing on my way.
:lol::lol::lol:

But there are a lot of arseholes out there.:rant:
Oh tell us more Jon :p

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
At a mini roundabout I use a lot recently, a chap was wanting to turn right, but didn't have his indicator on.

Not being Derren Brown, Mystic Meg or that character Matt Lucas does ("look into my eyes, not around the eyes"), I had no idea of his intention. He was also faffing a bit, doing that nervous lurchy thing people do when they're not quite sure whose right of way it is.

So, Morgan, being Morgan, goes for it (I'm turning right too, but coming at the roundabout from his left). And I'm indicating my intention, using the flashy orange light thingies plastered up and down the right side of the car.

As I am half way across the roundabout, Mr. indecisive decides now would be a great time to make his move. Wow, you're such a winner, and your mother loves you. Muppet.

I have to jam on the anchors, and so does he. So, there we are, Mr. Incandescent (his mood has changed) pointing his car at my driver's door, glaring and gesticulating wildly.

Down comes my window, closely followed by his window.

"TRY F**KING INDICATING, MUPPET!" I volunteer helpfully.

And then, something wonderful happens. Mr. Incandescent/Indecisive looks down at his steering column, and realises that no, he was not indicating, as I had previously helpfully informed him. And just like that, he holds his hands up, smiles and says "Sorry mate! My fault!"

Stunned, I raise my hand to acknowledge his capitulation and continue on my way.

How weird is that? That NEVER happens! EVER! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh tell us more Jon :p
Nothing big or clever.
Ended up having one stand up row, inches apart with some bloke who'd given me a mouthful after I'd beeped him as he reversed blind out of a side road, from behind a lorry and nearly straight into me.
Just totally lost it when he started mouthing off, got out of the car and started behaving like a p***k myself.:eek:

Other time had stopped my van in B&Q to adjust some paint that was in danger of falling. Didn't notice someone wanted to pull out and that I had left it tight for him. As he inched out, I held my hand up and apologised only to be greeted with a mouthful.
Red mist descends again and I jump in the van to give chase and return the abuse.
Didn't close the side door properly.:rolleyes:
5l of white eggshell takes some mopping up from a car park..:lol:

More seriously I realise I have an issue with my temper so I am seriously trying to sort myself out before either myself or someone else gets hurt.
Like I said, not big or clever.:eek:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Bloody Audi drivers :mad::rant:
+1 to that.

I don't normally get wound up on the road but some prune in his Audi A3 managed to do it on the way to work a few days ago :mad:
Travelling down the M60 anti-clockwise I was pretty much behind this t055er since joining, safe distance and all that so I've not wound him up.

Turns out we're both getting off at J5, it's got a long 'approach lane' and he pulls in early. I carry on and pull in further up, albeit a couple of cars behind.
1 lane turns into 2 and then a fast sweeping bend. He's on the inside and I'm on the outside halfway round the bend and just about to pass the fekking idiot when he must have seen me and just pulled out straight in front of me :wow: . I had a quick bottom twitching moment, then anger :mad: I don't normally wave at other drivers like I'm shaking a bottle but........

Then even worse, which in the end just made me laugh. We joined the main carriageway of the [start of] the M56 and we're both behind a truck and he hasn't pulled out. I just know the moment I do A3 man will do something stupid, which he did. I pulled out, then he pulled out in front of me. Here we go I thought he's not had a hug from his mummy this morning, he'll just keep blocking me. But to my amazement he didn't stay there, just swung straight back across behind the truck and 2 lanes to take the exit - in one move :eek: . What a W***ER :rant::mad::mad:

Sorry for that little edition of War and Peace

·
Registered
764 Posts
I mentioned this in a thread a few days ago, but chance to repeat it here so I am. :lol:

Everybody happily tootling along the road when prat in front of you decides to brake sharply to let somebody out of a side street. Totally inconsiderate in my view, because he is holding up a free(ish) flowing line of traffic to let somebody out whose right of way it ISN'T - and how many times does it turn out that the guy who has been let out of the side street is now driving 10 mph slower than everybody behind him was previously travelling, or is turning right 10 yards up the road, holding everybody up again. :rant:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts