Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurm.as i got in the cat this morning the outside temp gauge read 17 degrees?? well I know we had a mild Autumn but 17 degrees""" so whats up with it is it a sensor or something or something more serious (oh it was 5 degrees really, when I gut in )

Mark

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you park near a vent for your boiler/central heating system?
If not maybe you should consider a ground source heat pump. With that kind of geo-thermic heating underfoot your gas bill would be nada!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's a well known issue. Search is you friend;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done the search and found the sensor in the wing mirror, is there a diy fix for this or does it have to go to the steelers for the fix

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
On the 156, there's a connector when you open the passenger door. Pull it apart spray it with WD40 then reconnect. Might be the same on the 159. That fixed the same issue for me two years ago and still going strong.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a plan, on the Brera I belive the temp sensor is on the drivers side?? is it??

Cheers will give it a go in the morning

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Mine went funny last winter - told me it was 32c outside in december in the midst of our terrible snows.

However after blasting it with a jet wash I have had an accurate 2011 temperature reading wise!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a way at removing the sensor i.e. taking the mirror out of the wing mirror, was reading 10 degrees this morning and the car was covered in ice :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
think i will have to book mines in wifes car is saying -4 the brera is +1 hopefully it will be covered by the alfa used car warranty:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts