Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking up on our car this morning before head to work and noticed someone snapped off our aerial. How sick is this. I am hoping won't cost us too much money and time to fix it. Really dissapointed and angry. ;(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worried and still angry

Jealousy is an evil thing
It sure is. The person did it, couldn't really make any money out of a piece of aerial. I am hoping,it won't be a repeating action anytime soon as we aren't loaded like some people think that all Alfa owners are. :mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do people do these things? What the point?

Did they do any other damage whilst taking it off?
I bloody hope not. All I could see was bottom of the arieal was there. Top long part isn't attached to it anymore. Now not sure how this part of the piece was attached originally and how could be detached easily.
Early this year though, someone broke one of the back seat window of our old Citroën which now got scrapped sadly. Vandalism happens around our area but only 2 weeks into having her. Ggggrrr

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you considered CCTV if vandalism is a frequent occurrence in your street?
Well I dont think there is any CCTV around our house. Tbh never even crossed my mind. We park her in front our house where there is kinda private parking space anyone can park lives near by. But my husband was gonna report the crime to local police station like last time we did. Shame alarm on the car doesn't trip these kinda events.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The aerial screws off so you can put the car in a car wash. Check the piece thats left and if its in tact with screw fixing visible they have just nicked the top part and you can simply buy a new one and screw it on. If the bottom part that fixes to the metal is damaged then it will be much costlier and youll need teh dealer to repair it.
Some f**king idiots out there :mad: - just view it as a sign of jealousy for your nice motor :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The aerial screws off so you can put the car in a car wash. Check the piece thats left and if its in tact with screw fixing visible they have just nicked the top part and you can simply buy a new one and screw it on. If the bottom part that fixes to the metal is damaged then it will be much costlier and youll need teh dealer to repair it.
Some f**king idiots out there :mad: - just view it as a sign of jealousy for your nice motor :)
Thanks everyone. It feels nice to share the anger. About the part though, I assume we buy it from our dealer ?:confused: I'll check it up more throughly when I get home.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't worry Misa :) I checked the car coming home, there's no damage to the actual socket. I phoned Alfa Western Edinburgh, and the very sympathetic parts chap (Chris) has an aerial in stock. Under £6, and we can collect on Saturday.

Flipping annoying, but sh*t happens I suppose :( I reported it to the police for their statistics on local crime, and no doubt so that our insurance can go up next year *sigh*.

Then again, we do live in Leith....

·
Registered
702 Posts
If your worried you can have an area alarm fitted to the car so it beeps if someone walks near it, then if they stand there for too long all the alarms go off!

·
Registered
39 Posts
It'd have to be pigeon- and gull-proof in this area. The little pests are everywhere! We even saw a fox lolloping down the centre of the road the other night.

It looks to me like someone deliberately stole the aerial, rather that mindless vandalism. I couldn't see any scratches or anything.

Given it's a £4 + VAT part, I'm not sure why they bothered? See, must be a sign of the Alfa esteem. It's an Alfa! It must be expensive! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts