Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're relocating back to Wales & have chosen a nice house in Jersey Marine.

Currently being built, estimated completion in September.

Called in yesterday to finalise the specs & got a tour around our plot. A fair size plot (9) backing on to a woodland nature reserve & a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Nice private driveway & a big double garage for the Spider & GT.

Here are some in progress shots:-

Exciting times ahead :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what it will look like, although ours will be rendered down to the brick line on the front:-

Can't wait now :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One question - how do you access the dining room from the kitchen without going through the hall?

Looks great btw.
:thumbs:

You don't, just like our current house & pretty much every house I know:confused:

Our current dining room fits within the kitchen with ease. We'll use that most of the time:)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks lovely Squadrone... I would love a big huge garage. It would be the only reason I'd move! Lol! ;)
Are you new to Wales or returning to Gods Country? ;););)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks lovely Squadrone... I would love a big huge garage. It would be the only reason I'd move! Lol! ;)
Are you new to Wales or returning to Gods Country? ;););)
Born & Bred in Swansea. Worked away almost continuously since 1997, lived away since 1999.

Family brings me back but really happy with the decision we've made.

I spend two days at my new office next week. Move down proper in September:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Born & Bred in Swansea. Worked away almost continuously since 1997, lived away since 1999.

Family brings me back but really happy with the decision we've made.

I spend two days at my new office next week. Move down proper in September:thumbs:
Well welcome home! :D
There's a decent bunch of us Welshies around here.... Look forward to meeting you in person! ;)
...... Rob.....

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well welcome home! :D
There's a decent bunch of us Welshies around here.... Look forward to meeting you in person! ;)
...... Rob.....
Cheers Rob. Seen you chatting with Carlo over on AROC today:thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Only one thing that would put me off, its a new build, but the layout, space and location sounds great :)

I fancy retiring to Pembrokeshire in 15-20 years.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only one thing that would put me off, its a new build, but the layout, space and location sounds great :)

I fancy retiring to Pembrokeshire in 15-20 years.
This will be our fourth new build. Love the way you can spec them up to your standard.

We've gone a bit mad on the options list:eek:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Frank. Working in Swansea on Monday & Tuesday so will naturally call in on the house to check on progress :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Looks quite nice, very similar a new build house we looked at with bedrooms in the loft space but was concerned they'd get very hot in the summer, we didn't buy because for one reason they completely undercooked the parking for all the houses, double garages but no drives and limited off street parking not much good when you have built large 5 bed houses and could expect lots of vehicles! Yours clearly doesn't have that issue.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As you come home i'll be leaving and travelling north with a new job...
I did the same in 1999 after 2 years on the road. We now have careers & lifestyles we could never have attained in Wales.

Looks quite nice, very similar a new build house we looked at with bedrooms in the loft space but was concerned they'd get very hot in the summer, we didn't buy because for one reason they completely undercooked the parking for all the houses, double garages but no drives and limited off street parking not much good when you have built large 5 bed houses and could expect lots of vehicles! Yours clearly doesn't have that issue.
Exactly why we wanted plot 9. There are just two of us but we have 4 cars. Visitors are guaranteed, local or from over the Border:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Called in today. Coming on really well, helped by the excellent weather:-

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 20 of 47 Posts