Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
23,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a message from ClareGT who just happens to be the AROC rep for our area.

Anyone who came along to our meet in Sheringham will have met both her and her partner - we are all of one accord - we all love Alfas.

Her message reads:-

"Dear All,

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Firstly, for all of you that are thinking “What shall we do on New Years Day?” I have the perfect answer. How about a run to Aldeburgh for Fish and Chips?

We will be starting out at Stonham Barns car park on the A1120. Meeting at 10:00 to leave at 10:30 sharp. We plan to get to Aldeburgh for 11:30.

If you would like to meet us at Aldeburgh we will be parking in the car park on the Thorpeness road near the Shell statue and then walk to the chip shop.

My mobile number is ***********, assuming it works in Aldeburgh, please give me a ring so we can wait for you if you are on your way."

Now then - not sure I can make this (family stuff) but I will try. To anyone who has never had fish and chips in Aldeburgh you really haven't lived. Fried in lard, I know, I know - but even as an ex vegetarian it is to die for.

If you want to go just turn up - I've deleted Clare's mobile number for obvious reasons - it will be a great day though.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Good to see the hand of friendship being extended by AROC and not being snubbed.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Clare's a really nice person. Met her twice, most recently at the NEC Classic:D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
My local where I've drunk for 20 years is charging people to get in tonight. £15:wow: :tut: So is every other pub, so not out tonight, just for the principle!

No plans for tomorrow yet, so will probably make it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All,

Thankyou for all the kind words. AROC and AO should be working together and thanks to Paul for all his hard work in bringing that together. I'm sure Katy and I will continue in the same vein.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Clare:)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looking like I'll make it, Clare!:)

Sure we met at Sheringham. Was on next table I think.
Car was off road at the time though so she wasn't there.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I have to work!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Nope I'm a right boaring fecker! Hate it all!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Had about 10 phone calls nagging and asking why I ain't out! Cant be arsed and not paying £15 to get into a pub!:tut:
Whats the bloody point! Pricks everywhere causing trouble is it worth it? I'm sat on my own watching tv on the net, its sad but less hassle!!!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looking like I'll make it, Clare!:)

Hope your going to take some pics:D
Oh yes, Nigel! Not in Katy's league, but camera ready with new batteries!:thumbs:

Whats the bloody point! Pricks everywhere causing trouble is it worth it? I'm sat on my own watching tv on the net, its sad but less hassle!!!
Dont get that at my local, but just can't get excited about Christmas or New year anymore!:(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts