Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ouch but at least they will fix it. I hope they fix it before your GT meet. On a separate subject well done for gaining interest on the GT meet :thumbs:, lot more people than the one here down south :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
it will t-cut out mate lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Tony , GT Meet is coming together nicely .GT booked in for next Wednesday ,they say repair will make it good as new..:confused: ...quite a deep set of scratches and horrible preceding ding !! , not had any bodywork done for years , doesn't look like an easy fix . Hope today's technology sorts it out ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
At least it's not an old school steel tracking arm across your bonnet! Yep, actually happened!

I'm sure it'll be fine. Just make sure you ask how they're repairing it, what might/will be replaced and what/where will be sprayed. In addition, when you take it to them, to around the car with them and note down any issues you are aware of. Give them a copy and keep one for yourself - make sure you and the garage sign it - this is as much for them as for you!

Once you get it back, check the car over again and check over what they agreed to sort - make sure any paint matches and make sure it's not a sh...rubbish match. Stand back and go up close and look at it from all angles. Only take the car back if you're happy. Tell them you will draw up some form of words to state that the work carried out to an accidental incident was repaired to a satisfactory standard and you consider the matter finished. The garage's work is acceptable as full and final settlement of rectification.

I just hope they do a good job.

·
Registered
133 Posts
They've owned up. An honest garage at last. I'm sure they'll do a great job and you'll never know.
Enjoy the meet tonight.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
& to add insult to injury engine light back on again ! ......getting closer to the towel !

·
Registered
543 Posts
Now is not the time to think about how to clean yourself up after pleasuring yourself. You should be working out what's wrong with the car!

What appears to be the problem? What reg is your car? What symptoms are there?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Car is driving as it should. No lack of power , no excessive smoke , now good idle after its full service. Have swapped EGR for a new one, cleaned MAP , MAF was recalibrated yesterday. Light comes on even when engine not under any demand...last night I was just cruising along ...has been happening since the outside temps have been high , dunno if that means anything. MAF is relatively new , MAP looks like the original ...Use a restrictor plate with EGR. My manifold is most likely caked up having done 104k miles ....Was thinking of a terraclean but some say that causes more issues on high mileage cars...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Unless I'm entirely mistaken that's just in front of your right rear wheel, right? If so, iirc, it's very easy to gain access from both sides of metal with a hammer and dolly, so at least the ugliest part of the ding can be made disappear with minimal amounts of filler. Also, I'm sure you have stone rash on the lower part of the sill, which will get taken care of at the same time at the garages expense.

The edge on the sill makes it easy-ish to make the edge of the new paint disappear, as well as slight differences in color to be invisible.

I'd say the chances of that not being sorted to your satisfaction are very small if the shop knows what they are doing.:thumbs:

And while the paint is already out on that side of the car, if the lower door seal has rubbed the paint badly on the doorstep, I'd ask them to take care of that at the same time :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless I'm entirely mistaken that's just in front of your right rear wheel, right? If so, iirc, it's very easy to gain access from both sides of metal with a hammer and dolly, so at least the ugliest part of the ding can be made disappear with minimal amounts of filler. Also, I'm sure you have stone rash on the lower part of the sill, which will get taken care of at the same time at the garages expense.

The edge on the sill makes it easy-ish to make the edge of the new paint disappear, as well as slight differences in color to be invisible.

I'd say the chances of that not being sorted to your satisfaction are very small if the shop knows what they are doing.:thumbs:

And while the paint is already out on that side of the car, if the lower door seal has rubbed the paint badly on the doorstep, I'd ask them to take care of that at the same time :)
Thanks .....feeling more confident now :) ....rear bumper needs some attention as well :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts