Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the renewal quote in for the Sportwagon. Not too bad, but I thought I could beat it with a little time on the internets. Saved another £60, which for an hour's work isn't too bad.

The ouch part was on one of the comparison sites, where it automatically put in a value for the car based on some unidentified 'industry reference guide'.

£2950.

OK, I realise that's a rock bottom figure, and I upped the valuation for the insurance quote anyway, but it's still very, very low, especially in the light of the cambelt service, MOT and new tax disc I'm just about to fork out for, between them comfortably over £1k

There's probably fewer than a hundred GTA SWs left in the UK, judging by the number I've read about - on here and a few other forums - being written off. Mine will be ten this year, so is heading into classic car territory. Of course, we don't own them because they make any kind of financial sense, but here's hoping the values start to pick up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
your joking right.was one on ebay i realy liked.but he wanted £6250 for it but bids only got to £3100.gta prices seem to be all over the place,does any body know why some gta's that where forsale over a year ago,are still forsale today?i got a few examples if you want me to put the links up,thanks

S

·
0 Posts
I paid 6k for mine last year mainly because it had recent receipts for £3k for Cambelt, Q2, suspension arms, Koni FSDs, Eibachs, new top end brakes up front, new rad and piping, new AC pipes, recent refurbed alloys. All the stuff I'd have to buy myself. Prices then went from about £4k to £12k but some are still for sale. I think a lot depends on the car when viewed. Also they require expensive ongoing maintenance, and aren't actually at all practical. Big engine and big tax on late ones doesn't help!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The GTA is in shed land, with prices are all over the place. A couple more years and I think they will be on the up. I have given up with the idea of ever selling mine.

They also seem to cost circa 2k per year to run too

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
your joking right.was one on ebay i realy liked.but he wanted £6250 for it but bids only got to £3100.gta prices seem to be all over the place,does any body know why some gta's that where forsale over a year ago,are still forsale today?i got a few examples if you want me to put the links up,thanks
Some people just are standing firm on prices and there are a couple that are overpriced and the sellers (traders) are chancing their luck. There is a red 156 GTA with a pram handle wing that has been for sale for 4 years!! Priced around the 9K mark on autotrader...

The GTA is in shed land, with prices are all over the place. A couple more years and I think they will be on the up. I have given up with the idea of ever selling mine.

They also seem to cost circa 2k per year to run too
I disagree, some are in shed condition but they are far from shed status yet.

These cars will become collectors items as they become rarer... A good one will still fetch around 6-10K and some others will go for less than 5K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry for hijacking this thread.ive seen that red one.cant believe its still up at £9k.dont think he will ever sell it at that price.there is a silver 156 gta on ebay 51k miles £4500.been for sales for over a year,just wondered if someone from the forum has been to see it and there is something wrong with it.as its still forsale.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
sorry for hijacking this thread.ive seen that red one.cant believe its still up at £9k.dont think he will ever sell it at that price.there is a silver 156 gta on ebay 51k miles £4500.been for sales for over a year,just wondered if someone from the forum has been to see it and there is something wrong with it.as its still forsale.
Silver has never been that popular for some reason. I would go and check it out as it could be a steal!

At that mileage you need to check cambelt and water pump has been done.... also plugs will need doing at the next service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i brought a 93 viggen a few years ago.was told they would become a classic soon.but over night i saw them drop from £7k to £3.5k.so i brought one.had it a couple of years then sold it on.i personaly cant see any car's going up in price any time soon.running costs are just to high these days

1 - 20 of 25 Posts