Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this will have been ranted before, but i was pretty peeved earlier and need to get this off my chest...

So, Im driving to hubby's work, all happy like, and several awful things happen

1. Mr. White MR2....Making a third lane on a dual carriageway is not cool! Im happily doing...just over 70...in the fast lane passing an old nissan micra, and yes, I have noticed mr Irate in my rear view, but i am currently overtaking thank you very much. He's flashing his lights and stressing himself out, but im having none of it. Next thing I see he is pullnig into the slow lane, and im thinking he's gonna sit behind Mrs Micra?? not a chance,
I am two feet ahead of Mrs. Micra now, and Mr MR2 comes flying between us, third laning.

It scared the bejeeeebussss out of me, I actually thought as he was passing, if i twitch, or sneeze, i am going to die. he passes without event, I pull into the slow lane out of fear for my life...
He is not even one car ahead of me...he is in front of me...WHAT WAS THE POINT!?!?!?

2. On the other end of the scale we had Mrs V-dub who insisted on doing forty all the way through a 60, and a 30, and another 60, and another 30.....i was quite glad i turned off before she did! this frustrates me as she was clearly not paying attention to anything going on around her......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3. those annoying people who brake on every bend, and those silly people who speed up....slow down....speed up.....slow down...

I swear i saw it all today....:mad:

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
The ones that really p!$s me off....your driving along at 40 in a 40 zone, they pull out in front of you and then brake and indicate to turn right after 50m, pull up about 1m from the centre line and make you stop.....:Grrr:

·
Registered
37,148 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Anjehna.

The standard of driving on our roads is appalling.

I know anyone can make a mistake, I make them myself but some people think they can get away with anything. :rant:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Dontcha' just love motoring, UK style 2010?

Such a lot more fun than it was years ago when road rage hadn't been invented, and if you saw the odd RAC or AA patrol man he'd salute you? Yep! motoring is much more pleasant in this day and age, we both love it too bits.:D

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Yeah, I know my sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I have to sometimes express it (too much Zed:mad:) living on this expressway that is the UK with millions running around furiously just to get there? :(:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
(This was an old man this morning, coming up to a T junction to join the a12.)

I'm sorry but you can see me coming at your junction, and I can see you thinking 'shall i go?' shall I go?, i've got time...'
NOOOOOO YOU HAVEN'T I'm doing 60 in a 60 by the the time you've decided I'm almost in front of you!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I know my sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I have to sometimes express it (too much Zed:mad:) living on this expressway that is the UK with millions running around furiously just to get there? :(:
I wouldn't worry, Sarcasm's awesome...

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
argh had some more bad driving situations today!

Pulled over on a road full of parked cars to let some other guys pass me, into a space big enough for three cars, a fourth car zoomed up behind us at ridiculous speed and tried to pull over also...a tricky situation ensued whereby I had to try and pull forward to let said fourth car get out of the way...in the end I had to drive on a two lane road, cars parked on either side and traffic on my right, with a half inch of space around the car! the phrase 'Patience' springs to mind! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Interesting TV viewing that convoy programme in Helmand yesterday. Great admiration for the young eighteen year old lady who 'cabbied' a truck alongside the guys? :thumbs:

Nice that they gave her a cuddle and comforted her when her emotions overcame her composure.:): Good programme I thought?:):

·
Registered
37,148 Posts
I had another example of bad driving on my way home.

I was driving along the A40 between Oxford and Witney which is a 60mph limit.

I was doing 60mph as the road was clear.

Suddenly a car appears at the cross roads a couple of hundred yards in front of me.

Then when I got closer they decided to pull out to go the same direction as me. There was no way on earth I could stop.

Luckily it being a cross roads there was a slip road onto the left hand turn part, and I was able to avoid by driving up the inside of them by using the slip road.

Then the driver has the cheek to flash his lights and shake his fist as if I was in the wrong. :rant:

I am not a violent person but I would have made an exception for this idiot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are plentiful bad drivers up here, I came across 2 just today. The 1st one was when I went up a packed street with cars on both sides, space for one car up the middle & van driver comes flying round a corner & almost into me, skidded to a halt & he just blanked me, ****.

Number two was a **** in a monaro, cars double parked on the street so I'm waiting to get through the gap when he goes around me & almost into the oncoming car only to pull in 10 metres away round the corner.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the worst is people who pull out on you at roundabouts, and just stare at you as they drive past. One older guy I honked at for doing that very thing jumped and hit the roof of his car :lol: was staring but not even seeing me? Shocking.......

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Each to each a looking glass,

Reflects the other that doth pass?

I'm holier than most, and I'm always first past the post?:lol:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You will look but you can't see
Until your car smashes into me

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Cyclists can be as bad, travelling at 60 in a 60 limit yesterday a cyclist decides to leave the safety of his cycle path. To perform this bafling manoeuver he has to cross the road, this is the road I'm on moving at 60 mph, he looks registers me and then decides "what the hell, I'll go anyway" :rolleyes:.
His little legs are going 19 to the dozen as he attempts to cross the road before I get there, luckily for him I braked, after I passed him I look in my mirror what do I see, 1 cyclist and 400 yards of empty road, it just defies logic.

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Anje' please don't dint' my baby, as it's a hell of a job sorting bent steel plate?:(:

It's not my fault that my driving is so erratic! Kept telling them that 12"X8" windscreen was too small to see out of!

And as for the piddly wiper blade, talk about blind mice following one another? OK 'oldies' on AO, you've seen it all before. :eek:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im not picking at oldies...I was picking at bad driving, guy just happened to be white haired on the roundabout...:lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts