Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

What's the original wheel that went with 1989 75 2.0TS? Were there any options at the time?

Pictures please if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joseph! Was 15" Revolution an optional upgrade at the time?

Is the wheel in the attached pic original?

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
There where various wheel options on the 75 depending on what year and style.
Revolutions are a classic bet, speedline pepper pots look the best, I think but the 14 inch twinspark wheels look to small on the car.
16 inch speedline pepper pots look best!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
These are from the ASN version. The originals looked like this:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So most of the 75s currently still running are on non-original wheels. Am I correct to say that?

By the way, what's the name of the wheel I posted earlier??

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a set of 5 Speedline pepper pots from 164 cloverleaf if anyone's interested? They need referbing as the lacquer always starts to peel off!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
So most of the 75s currently still running are on non-original wheels. Am I correct to say that?

By the way, what's the name of the wheel I posted earlier??
It's Alfa Romeo Speedline, but so are 15 other wheel types :). They're called ASN or LE wheels, since they were installed only on Limited Edition cars (ASN is for Italian Asomething Sportiva Numerata if I recall correctly).

·
Registered
485 Posts
In the UK the wheel you have just pictured was std on the std V6 car as you say in 14". I have them on my 3.0i V6. These were again made by Speedline.

Many UK cars were uprated to Veloce spec which I think were done by the importers. They got Revolution 5 spoke wheels in either 14" or 15".

Already mentioned, the Speedline pepper pots were fitted to the later LE model which also had the desirable Recaro interior here in the UK.

Some cars had Steel wheels and plastic wheel trims also.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I have 15-inch Revolutions which I believe were a factory option at the time. They look great if a little small compared to wheels that are available on more modern cars today. However, I want my 75 to look original so believe these are the best option!

·
Registered
371 Posts
In the UK the TS came with 14x6.5 steel wheels with plastic covers. The flat dish 14x6.5 Speedline alloy was a rarely taken up option, this was also the standard wheel on the early 3.0 V6.

Other versions, the LE got those SZ style fake modular wheels, 14x6.5, the Veloce got 14x6.5 Revolution RFX for TS or 15x7 on the V6 although Alfa UK would supply either wheel as a "cost option" on any 75 so it was common to see a non-Veloce car on Revos of either size or a TS Veloce on 15s which probably explains the poor take up of the Alfa optional Speedlines.

Finally, the last 3 litre cars got 15x6 "telephone dial" wheels.

On the early cars, we only got the 1.8 and 2.5 here. The little ones got 13x5.5 steels with flat plastic hubcaps, the V6 had Speedlines but only 5.5 inches wide. There were Veloce versions of these and I remember seeing a 1.8 one of these on 13 inch Revos(!!) But I'm not too good on the sizing of this one.

The 2.5 auto was a TS as far as the wheels went.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the UK the TS came with 14x6.5 steel wheels with plastic covers. The flat dish 14x6.5 Speedline alloy was a rarely taken up option, this was also the standard wheel on the early 3.0 V6.

Other versions, the LE got those SZ style fake modular wheels, 14x6.5, the Veloce got 14x6.5 Revolution RFX for TS or 15x7 on the V6 although Alfa UK would supply either wheel as a "cost option" on any 75 so it was common to see a non-Veloce car on Revos of either size or a TS Veloce on 15s which probably explains the poor take up of the Alfa optional Speedlines.

Finally, the last 3 litre cars got 15x6 "telephone dial" wheels.

On the early cars, we only got the 1.8 and 2.5 here. The little ones got 13x5.5 steels with flat plastic hubcaps, the V6 had Speedlines but only 5.5 inches wide. There were Veloce versions of these and I remember seeing a 1.8 one of these on 13 inch Revos(!!) But I'm not too good on the sizing of this one.

The 2.5 auto was a TS as far as the wheels went.
Thanks Jim for the info. That explains why it's so confusing on "standard" vs "optional" wheels on various models of 75's.

I just wonder if anyone tried to put a registry of various wheel options available for 75's at the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts