Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i got this issue with with my original stereo in my 156ts, basically i failed to put the right code in and now it's showing this (----). Now i read that if i leave the ignition on for an hour with the stereo on, it'll reactivate the 'CODE' option. I got the code now, however i'm concerned that leaving the ignition on for an hour will drain my battery? I got a brand new battery in it, but i thought i'd ask you guys before i do it. Thanks.

(can't drive with no music!! o_0)

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
If you don't want to drive round for an hour, your only option is to leave the ignition on for an hour.

Driving for an hour would be better.

N

·
0 Posts
Put the ignition key in and
lock it with the spare.

Or pull the HU and power it with an external 12V ?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
an hour - with a new battery - should be no probs. turn off any electricals that don't need to be running, which is really only the cabin ventilation fan (climate control). other stuff won't draw much power. have the volume on the stereo down to zero.

:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help guys. I tried it today, left it on for 45 minutes and then i decided to drive the last 15mins, but nothing happened even after an hour and a quarter? I think when i started the engine it took most of the electrical power and kind of reset the whole process. I'll try it again tomorrow before work.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts