Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the original price list for the 2007 (or there abouts) for the Spider, specifically the V6? I'm buying a V6 Spider and intrigued to know how much this would have been worth when new?
The options I know of this car has is:
Frau pieno leather, electric and heated
Xenon lights with washers
Passenger knee air bag
Sat Nav with Connect services
Metallic paint
18' 7 hole alloys
Qtronic gearbox

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Does anyone have the original price list for the 2007 (or there abouts) for the Spider, specifically the V6? I'm buying a V6 Spider and intrigued to know how much this would have been worth when new? £32,700 OTR
Frau pieno leather, electric and heated £1,400
Xenon lights with washers £700
Passenger knee air bag £100
Sat Nav with Connect services £1,750
Metallic paint £400
18' 7 hole alloys £700
Qtronic gearbox included in list price
I'm surprised such a high-spec car exists - I bet there isn't another one out there, especially with an automatic gearbox.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
By the way, prices from the July 2007 Price List.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm surprised such a high-spec car exists - I bet there isn't another one out there, especially with an automatic gearbox.
Thanks very much. That's why it interested me. Its lovely to drive, can't wait to pick it up at the weekend. Its Diamante Grey with Red/Beige interior and has done 42k only. Just had to have that V6 sound in my life!

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
:thumbup: Congratulations.
It sounds like a very rare beast, and with a great mileage.
I bet the weekend will be how Christmas felt as a child :biglaugh:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbup: Congratulations.
It sounds like a very rare beast, and with a great mileage.
I bet the weekend will be how Christmas felt as a child :biglaugh:
Certainly will be! Sad in a way as I have part ex'ed my VXR that I have had for 5 yrs from one year old (feels like family) if you know what I mean! But the car is simply in a different league. When I first put my foot down, it was grin from ear to ear. Its not fast (well, fast enough) but the sound it makes is epic! My dad is going to be green with envy, luckily for him, he is insured on it - cheaper for me by £15 having him on it still at the age of 33 - go figure! Its got a lovely heated garage waiting for it. Cant wait!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have the original price list for the 2007 (or there abouts) for the Spider, specifically the V6? I'm buying a V6 Spider and intrigued to know how much this would have been worth when new?
Frau pieno leather, electric and heated
Xenon lights with washers
Passenger knee air bag
Sat Nav with Connect services
Metallic paint
18' 7 hole alloys
Qtronic gearbox
Knew I forgot something, its got the Bose hifi as well!

·
Registered
787 Posts
How much did you pay for it in the end if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much did you pay for it in the end if you don't mind me asking?
£11990, but got a reasonable price for the VXR and 6 months warranty. Its not cheap, but I'd rather get a hopefully better and more reliable one. *hopefully*!!!

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
£12k may seem a lot to some, but clearly not - it sold.
I'd imagine Veloces having it up at that price, maybe a tad more. Is that where you got it from?
Hard to put a price on these relatively low volume cars, especially low mileage ones with a high spec.
That said an automatic roadster, and in grey, wouldn't be everybody's choice.

Bose was a £600 option, and the manual V6 version was £31,250, so a premium of £1,450 for the auto.
All theoretical of course, from what I can gather the cars were heavily discounted and nobody would've paid anything like the list price.
So much so that a basic spec 2.2 that retailed for £26k in 2007, was on sale for £25.5k a year later with over £3k of options fitted as standard. I've got one, bought 2 years from new from a main dealer, and £10k below the new price.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
£12k may seem a lot to some, but clearly not - it sold.
I'd imagine Veloces having it up at that price, maybe a tad more. Is that where you got it from?
Hard to put a price on these relatively low volume cars, especially low mileage ones with a high spec.
That said an automatic roadster, and in grey, wouldn't be everybody's choice.

Bose was a £600 option, and the manual V6 version was £31,250, so a premium of £1,450 for the auto.
All theoretical of course, from what I can gather the cars were heavily discounted and nobody would've paid anything like the list price.
So much so that a basic spec 2.2 that retailed for £26k in 2007, was on sale for £25.5k a year later with over £3k of options fitted as standard. I've got one, bought 2 years from new from a main dealer, and £10k below the new price.
If it was Veloces, I do think it would have been more, it wasn't. It wouldn't take anyone long to find, its currently on autotrader along with more from other dealers for similar prices. After loving the leisurely drive of the Giulietta we have, I actually wanted an auto. Its more comfortable and its slowing me down (which my wife likes) If you look at the pics in the add, the car in places looks horrid with the colour combo. In the flesh its much better and the dealer really didn't do the car justice (must be the lighting in the showroom with the interior).
The grey actually suits the lines better than I expected and my wife has something against red cars (even though the VXR was red), so that was out, but agree, its definitely not to everyone's taste. I do like having cars with high spec, so this was a big plus - finishes the car off for me. It certainly got looks from pedestrians going down the road on the test drive. Cant wait to pick it up, didn't get much sleep last night, probably due to being excited! I'm going to be like a dog at the door waiting to go for its walk on Sunday morning!:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Didn't JCS Kegworth used to be a main Alfa dealer? I've seen them advertise loads of Alfas over the years.
When there used to be an Alfa dealership in Preston, it was shared with Fiat, it might be the same situation at this place. Anyway, it looks like you're in good hands with them.
Your description of the way you feel about waiting to pick it up is exactly the way I was - great stuff!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Beautiful spider...:thumbup:

I think the colour combo looks great,ive been looking at the spiders (new weekend car) and your one looks stunning with the blue hood...enjoy (im sure you will ;) )

Reactions: A_Venables

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't JCS Kegworth used to be a main Alfa dealer? I've seen them advertise loads of Alfas over the years.
When there used to be an Alfa dealership in Preston, it was shared with Fiat, it might be the same situation at this place. Anyway, it looks like you're in good hands with them.
Your description of the way you feel about waiting to pick it up is exactly the way I was - great stuff!! :thumbup:
I think they are just a Fiat authorised repairer now, but the salesman mentioned having something to do with Alfa. They seemed pretty well setup and good to deal with on Sunday, but time will tell I suppose! They mainly deal in second hand Alfas and Fiats and warranty repair/servicing.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congrats, and post some pics:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts