Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, with all these threads currently on the go about "restorations" It really has got me thinking. I have for a while now been looking for some sort of 'project', I've been mainly after an older Alfa and had my heart set on a Sud Sprint but can't seem to find one and I don't want to go buy something just for the sake of buying one.

So, maybe a original GTA replica is the answer???

Now, if this be the case, what car should I be looking for and what would be the best option for a GTA rep?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well a stepnose is a start.
Single headlights.
Springbok, I'm a young Alfisti, so when people talk of 'stepnose, 116, 105' and so on, it's not so easy for me to know exactly which one you speaking of.

If a stepnose with single headlights is what's needed, could you post some pictures and what came out looking like that? Which year? and which models?

P

·
0 Posts
Stepnoses are farking expensive and a well maintained one is hard to come by. I know I was shopping for one about 2 years ago with no luck :(

Good luck if you are looking into acquiring a stepnose

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
In the early seventies I worked in Witbank and there where a young man with a genuine GTA, the only one I ever saw. It was a stepnose, wide body car. The fenders, doors, bonnet and roof were clad in aluminium and riveted on.

The car had a 1300 engine with twin plugs that reved up to 9000 rpm. It had a close ratio gearbox with a first gear that went up to 55 mph(90kph) and the other gears close together. The box was made for the track. It had an LS diff.

I read somewhere that somebody(US or UK) pressed a run of these parts again in alu?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
OH yesssssss....this is definately one of the cars I've always wanted...the stepnose with NO bumpers pls...take it offffff!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
In the early seventies I worked in Witbank and there where a young man with a genuine GTA, the only one I ever saw. It was a stepnose, wide body car. The fenders, doors, bonnet and roof were clad in aluminium and riveted on.

The car had a 1300 engine with twin plugs that reved up to 9000 rpm. It had a close ratio gearbox with a first gear that went up to 55 mph(90kph) and the other gears close together. The box was made for the track. It had an LS diff.

I read somewhere that somebody(US or UK) pressed a run of these parts again in alu?
Yep, Alfaholics here GTA Parts | Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories

·
Registered
878 Posts
DNA,
Plan is to make a GTA Stradale replica only in yellow black, run it bumperless. I just picked it up today, so first thing is getting to know the car a bit while I try to find a GTA twin-spark engine (at least the head, to build a strong street engine under). Decals on the way, and very little body work to take car of (other than sunroof). See my thread in this forum

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
DNA,
Plan is to make a GTA Stradale replica only in yellow black, run it bumperless. I just picked it up today, so first thing is getting to know the car a bit while I try to find a GTA twin-spark engine (at least the head, to build a strong street engine under). Decals on the way, and very little body work to take car of (other than sunroof). See my thread in this forum
Scotty, you have me searching the net for something like this. Lets hope I can follow in your steps:thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Nicus if the car is in running condition you want R15K? I see myself owning 3 Alfas very soon :cheese:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
DNA,
Like the idea a lot!
Just think that engine / head will be very expensive.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts