Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a set of original GTA 7.5x17" multispoke alloy wheels I want to sell.

These are the ones which were an optional extra, look near identical to OZ SUPER TURISMOS

They apparently don't fit 330mm Brembos, but they were fitted on my 156 GTA with 330s and no apparent problems! Although calipers sit very close to the inner rim edge!

Overall in very clean condition, only 1 real light kerb mark and a little bubbling behind spokes on 1 wheel I think. Come with no tyres, and I'd like £280ovno

Only removed them as I have fitted 18s. Car drove perfect with them, with no vibrations etc. Will post some pics up later

I'm going to be at MITCAR on Sunday so I can bring them down if anyone is interested! :thumbs:

CS :)

G

·
Hi mate,

A 5mm spacer and the should fit 330's no problem. I went to view a 147 with these fitted on 330's with said spacer.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Hi mate,

A 5mm spacer and the should fit 330's no problem. I went to view a 147 with these fitted on 330's with said spacer.
No spacers needed. Just a modification to the bolts. Simples.

I had this car in question in my possession for a few months.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
No spacers needed. Just a modification to the bolts. Simples.

I had this car in question in my possession for a few months.
Indeed joe is correct

·
Registered
Mito QV, Anthracite, 2015
7,567 Posts
Wouldn't it be eaiser to fit the spacer? 5mm isn't too big so as to affect the handling, will look better and there's no faffing with calipers?

·
Registered
Mito QV, Anthracite, 2015
7,567 Posts
Has anyone tried the spacers? I ask cos I have a set of multis I could use while I refurb the teles. I like the multis that were on the car when new but had to put teles on when the 330s were fitted.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone tried the spacers? I ask cos I have a set of multis I could use while I refurb the teles. I like the multis that were on the car when new but had to put teles on when the 330s were fitted.
To be honest I don't think the spacers would make much of a difference as the it's the caliper radial bracket bolts that are meant to catch on the inside rim as Chris says....looking at the bolts that are fitted on my current 330s when I removed these wheels, the heads of the bolts are MUCH slimmer than the ones in the pics on Chris' 156.net thread and also from what I remember, than the 330s I had fitted on my previous GTA.....

CS

G

·
You can use regular bolts. The problem with the 330 ones is that they are socket heads.

Using regular hex heads will reduce the bolt head height enough to get wheels to fit.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
You can use regular bolts. The problem with the 330 ones is that they are socket heads.

Using regular hex heads will reduce the bolt head height enough to get wheels to fit.
Thanks for crediting my Dad and I for putting in the work and finding that out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Does anyone have a source for the lower profile bolts?
Not sure if the source still exists, will find out. I have checked and we've only got one set of (used) bolts left. Which means I want to keep them...

G

·
Thanks for crediting my Dad and I for putting in the work and finding that out.:rolleyes:

Never seen anything on these here pages on that before, just went with common sense.

I can't believe Alfa gave out new alloys with their recall kit instead of using hex head bolts instead of the stupid, large head socket caps. What a waste of money.

G

·
If you pull one of the socket caps and go to a fastener dealer local to you, they'll get you a set. If you'll can get the sizes measured, fleabag will provide.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Never seen anything on these here pages on that before, just went with common sense.

I can't believe Alfa gave out new alloys with their recall kit instead of using hex head bolts instead of the stupid, large head socket caps. What a waste of money.
Given your propensity to repeat things verbatim and the fact it gets mentioned on a fairly regular basis, I would suggest otherwise.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/75258-330-brembos-and-305mm-style-multi-spokes.html

If you pull one of the socket caps and go to a fastener dealer local to you, they'll get you a set. If you'll can get the sizes measured, fleabag will provide.
And, if you had bothered to do a search, you would know that the bolts in question are not available from the dealers as an individual item. Nor are they widely available from your standard nut and bolt man ( aka "fleabag" ). They are, in fact, very difficult to source.

G

·
I'm just exceedingly clever. It's a curse I suppose.

What size are they then? My old man used to work for a nut and bolt company. Might be able to get gold of a few sets for any who want them.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
What size are they then? My old man used to work for a nut and bolt company. Might be able to get gold of a few sets for any who want them.
As I said my 1st post, in the thread I posted a link to;

They do fit, kind of. The problem is the radial bolt heads are too big, the sockets foul the inner edge of the wheel.

I am, however, wondering if the bolt that came with them are oe alfa. the ends appear to have been cut short, so maybe the Alfa bolt heads are shorter and they will fit. I doubt it though as we all know Alfa say they won't fit. Other possibility and one I am investigateing is using hex head bolts.

Just need to find some M14 x 1.5 x 90mm bolts and that is proving to be difficult.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts