how far would go!

• go out to the modding shop and make them rich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
My personal opinion on mods is not too much on the outside. What ever chips, exhausts etc you put on/in are all fine. BUT lets never detract from the Alfa beauty of the original car or make it out to be some other Alfa which it isn't. Unless the change is real in the sense of looks, handling and performance.

I certainly don't like Saxo's, Fiesta's or even more so VW Golf's looking over the odds when in actual fact it's all cosmetic and nothing inside. I hate noisy exhausts on these cars too, just for the sense of please 'notice me' :rolleyes:

It all swings in roundabouts so that's just MHO ;)

BTW Andy - I prefer the black bits on your 155 bumpers ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
I'm with Kurt... Alfas should stay 110% original when it comes to exterior or interior..
Same applies to the engine/exhaust note... it shouldn't be altered, in ways such as making holes to exhaust or something like that :rolleyes:

Mods to gain more power are OK by me :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have an Autodelta front end on my 156 and a Novitec low level spoiler. Coupled with sideskirts and my 18 inch Sienas the car looks just right. Makes the front much more mean but still keeps a lot of the shape and style.
Too much is too bad but I figured everything on the car is bespoke (Sienas were made for Alfas as was the front and skirts by Autodelta and spoiler from Novitec) so its not like modifying the car inchav tradition where, by now, I would have fitted an Evo bonnet vent and ginagorous spoiler.
Got to be a little bit different for my own peace of mind!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Original but... with discrete mods. :)

Anyone wants to offer my Alfa a new backbox? :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
:cheese: Aren't they discrete? :D ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Fraser said:
:lol: Dunno about discrete, but they're a darn site nicer than the standard 147 back-box.
That's what I mean, it's away more discrete than the original backbox! :lol:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
kurzon said:
My personal opinion on mods is not too much on the outside. What ever chips, exhausts etc you put on/in are all fine. BUT lets never detract from the Alfa beauty of the original car or make it out to be some other Alfa which it isn't. Unless the change is real in the sense of looks, handling and performance.

I certainly don't like Saxo's, Fiesta's or even more so VW Golf's looking over the odds when in actual fact it's all cosmetic and nothing inside. I hate noisy exhausts on these cars too, just for the sense of please 'notice me' :rolleyes:

It all swings in roundabouts so that's just MHO ;)

BTW Andy - I prefer the black bits on your 155 bumpers ;)
Agree 100% with regard to Alfas (man are they beautiful!), but with my previous (5!) BMWs and Impreza Stis (2), I always found myself making small, subtle changes in order to improve the appearance. This is probably because I've generally prioritized performance over appearance. In fact, my 147GTA is the first car that has ever had both in spades! I may make minor performance modifications, but the will all be invisible to the eye...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I do like orginal in any way...

So why not cars? ;) ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts