Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those thinking of spec-ing and ordering a new one - Got an email from Nuneaton Alfa saying the order books are reopening this month (July)

Also got a call on Friday from Alfa Italy asking me was I happy with my Giulia now that I’ve had it a week - who said their customer service was poor ??

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
just read on the USA forum that the 2019 models will now have a DNA knob that defaults to "N" each time you start the car......
Glad I have a 2018 model, start/stop defaulting to "on" is bad enough ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
For those thinking of spec-ing and ordering a new one - Got an email from Nuneaton Alfa saying the order books are reopening this month (July)

Also got a call on Friday from Alfa Italy asking me was I happy with my Giulia now that I’ve had it a week - who said their customer service was poor ??
I say its poor - very poor ... or at least it was. So poor in fact I refer to the Alfa Customer relations department as the customer destructions department and my experience was so awful with a 155V6 that I vowed never to buy another Fiat Group product again and even sold the Ferrari I had at the time. I did relent however (but only bought second hand in protest) but the new Giulia is calling me back and this report is very encouraging! Pity Alfa UK won't make the 19" teledial wheels available for the Veloce! So it hasn't really changed that much has it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
The physical knob indicates the position, so if true that would require change to the drive mode selector too. Any positioning info would be irrelevant, hence I doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts

Just about everybody.

·
Registered
107 Posts
just read on the USA forum that the 2019 models will now have a DNA knob that defaults to "N" each time you start the car......
Squadra Tuning (in Nunspeet, NL) does a Giulia software-mod that reverses the start/stop default action - along with a bunch of other neat things :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Squadra Tuning (in Nunspeet, NL) does a Giulia software-mod that reverses the start/stop default action - along with a bunch of other neat things :)
That sounds great but I would be reluctant to have that done whilst the car is still under warranty and, by the end of that three year period, I should be conditioned to turn off the s/s every-time I start the car, in the same way I 'belt up' without thinking.

By the way, I thought the auto release handbrake had gone flaky till i realised it only worked if I had my seat belt on.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Will be interesting to see whether they add the Veloce Ti model to the configurator now that the order books are reopening.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That sounds great but I would be reluctant to have that done whilst the car is still under warranty and, by the end of that three year period, I should be conditioned to turn off the s/s every-time I start the car, in the same way I 'belt up' without thinking.

By the way, I thought the auto release handbrake had gone flaky till i realised it only worked if I had my seat belt on.
Your choice of course, but since the mod is in the software, it can be reverted quite easily - just update to the latest version.
I had some other software mods done on mine 2 months after i got it, and never had an issue. Even told my dealer, who knew about it already - and how to revert it for warranty issues.
But then again - my middlename is Risky! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
The physical knob indicates the position, so if true that would require change to the drive mode selector too. Any positioning info would be irrelevant, hence I doubt it will happen.
super simple, they will just install a spring loaded knob, like race mode in quad

It's already in the new instruction manual

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts

They've never asked me if I was happy and I've had mine for three months :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually, if you read the bottom of MacGeeks post he says this will not be included in the NAFTA vehicles...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
They've never asked me if I was happy and I've had mine for three months :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:
Well are you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts