Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just got off phone with orange and need to vent apologies.

Mid april i had issue with my sim card which meant through the fault of orange I was without my phone which i use for work ad private for a week .So iI emailed their customer complaints and posted the same letter they dio not have a phone number.So today it being about week past the 28 period they give i phoned up .I got transfereed between three people and finally spoke to a guy who sounded as though he was reading my letter.He then in the midddle of our conversation put me on hold.Two minutes of leona Lewis later I women picked up the phone asked me for my number and name.I am refred it as one name and it is my middle name not my first name which appears on the bill.So when she asked my name i gave it as my middle and surname.She said that was not the name she had and she would not access my account.So despite me offering to give the password billing adress bank details and bank card numbers which the bill is always paid with she would not acces it .She told me to go along with id to an orange shop and present it to them so I could have it changed to my forename middle name and forename.This women was in billing so i said i did not actually need her she I had been blind transferred to her , presumabely the guy before could not be bothered.I thought I would just ring up again but she informed me she would put a not on my account so even if i rang up and gave my name as it appeared on the bill and my password they would not let me acess my account until i had gone to an orange shop.I never raised my voice i don't see the point I politely said when i do get to an orange shop it will probably be to end my contract .Just on the off chance I phoned back again i got passed about but gained acess to my account, do they not follow their own procedures.The next lady explained again that i could not phone the person i had sent the letter to in fairnessshe tried to do what she could and was nice but she did not have the lteter in front of her,she gave me the adress of where to email it again and said they may ring me if i give them my number in the email.I have now emailed them .... Is it too much to ask to have a letter replied to in just over a month? I know if i left a letter without reply it would not be judge efficient . So will they get back to me....? I remained calm but thhe process of complaining has left me more annoyed than the original customer service...

and breathe

Thanks very calming :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Holy wall of text Batman.

Just quit Orange and go somewhere else, I hated the service with them.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
OK. read it eventually. What hey are doing is obviously to protect your account details. Though it is a pain in the *** at times, imagine how bad it would be if someone gained access to your account. Identity theft is a big thing now, with people sifting through bins to get statements.

I am also known by my middle name, and it does get confusing t times with accounts and call centres. I was once asked my mothers maiden name, pets name and date of birth. Turns out I am not actually me. I am an imposter. Hope my mam dosn't find out.

S

·
0 Posts
From a customer service point of view, Orange aint that bad.

You should try 3!!! Jaheeeezuz.!
That's nothing. Try Virgin Media when the broadband goes down.

"Can you turn the power to the cable modem off and leave for 30 seconds and on again"

Done that already

"Can you go into your windows settings..."

I'm on Linux

"Oh we don't support Linux, bye!"

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So even if i was to switch no one seems to be on the game. Broadband wise Iam with freedom to surf and have had no problems having said that i have never had to ring their customer services.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Holy wall of text Batman
:lol:

Many years ago, in the early nineties, when Orange first appeared on the scene, I had a contract with them. One of the customer service representatives asked me where Norfolk was. I mean, not knowing a town is bad enough but not knowing a County? :rolleyes: And that was the 'Customer Service' department, based in Bristol :lol:. Mind you, I doubt you'd find much difference between any of the mobile phone companies in that respect.

Orange are French. "Customer Service" would be a very foreign concept to them. ;)
And the Germans! Service is really appalling here; the customer is not King, more like a pain in the @rse :lol:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
From a customer service point of view, Orange aint that bad.

You should try 3!!! Jaheeeezuz.!
I have only had to call 3 the once, yesterday, as my broadband dongle had died.
They were very helpful, if somewhat hard to understand at times (Indian call centre).
They did initially try to put me through the old 'it's your computer' spiel, 'change all the settings' rubbish, but once they realised that I did know what I was talking about, and that I had already tried everything that could possibly alleviate the problems, they agreed to send me out a new dongle (ooh err!!!). I was told that it would arrive in 3-5 working days.
Postman knocks at 09:00 this morning, and I am now equipped with a new dongle, which will hopefully resolve my issues. :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Orange are French.

"Customer Service" would be a very foreign concept to them. ;)
Rubbish, Orange are French Owned but English based, call centres in Plymouth, Bristol, north Tyneside, Darlington and Peterlee....

I spent 10 years working for them, my wife still does, we helped set up the call centre in Plymouth.

The person you were speaking to was trying to protect your account, from a Data Protection Aspect there have been many occasions where 3rd parties have tried to get access to accounts. One thing Orange are really hot on is DPA, to the point of being a bit anal in fact.

If you are not happy then you nered to put your complaint in writing to
Orange PCS,
Executive office,
Senhouse way,
Darlington

This will get dealt with as a priority, but i have no doubt they will investigate and tell you that they were looking out for your best interests

N

·
0 Posts
Rubbish, Orange are French Owned but English based, call centres in Plymouth, Bristol, north Tyneside, Darlington and Peterlee....

I spent 10 years working for them, my wife still does, we helped set up the call centre in Plymouth.
Fair enough.

They are rubbish here.

And isn't it funny that gouv.fr can own so much of
British infrastructure. :(

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Still..... to see customer service in a new light you should go with Tiscali. I would rather stab my eye with burning needles before considering any service they offer.

J

·
0 Posts
Fair enough.

They are rubbish here.

And isn't it funny that gouv.fr can own so much of
British infrastructure. :(
When Orange was owned by Hutchinson Telecom they were a great company to work for, as soon as France Telecom took over it all went down the tubes, by all accounts it's only recently that things have got better, and that was because the French Board of directors have handed control to a group of people in the UK who understand UK customer services.

I'm not saying it's a perfect company, but having worked for Vodafone, 3, and O2 they seem to have a better grip on their act than the rest of the Telecoms companies in the UK

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so it has been more than the 24 hours they promise to answer all email enquiries in .What should i do ? Get back on the 150 number where they again have no knowledge of the letter I sent?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Ring em up,s ay they are in breech of contract and give them 24 hours to reply else your seeking legal advice and cancel the dam thing! Dont go with 3 they suck and so does their reception, they used to rent mast time off O2 but lost that and consequently everytime I ring my mate it cuts off after about 20 seconds. Im with O2 good service :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Orange customer services have always been fine for me when I've needed to contact them.

you should try BT Mobile / T-Mobile ... now that was terrible.

but hopefully I'm off to O2 as of Friday this week ... yes I'm going to don a wooly jacket and become an iphone sheep!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts