Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was hinging the car yesterday I noticed tiny orange ang black spots ingrained into the paintwork. I tried scrubbing them off and then t-cut but to no avail. The only one I could get them off was with my finger nails. There's got to be an easier way?0

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You need a decent fallout remover. Sounds like iron spots & tar or similar.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I had this on an older car and claying removed the perfectly for me, took some time but the whole car looks better after. There are probably chemical ways too.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Iron X is superb at getting rid of the brake dust sinters in your paintwork . Google the you tube videos to see what I mean.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I get these on my white QV. It's fallout from my neighbours central heating flue.

:(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try one of the newish Farecla G3 Clay mitts, about £13 from Halfrds and use with some detailer or just soapy water. Its mega fast to do and removes all the bits you mention. I've used it on my white car and the results are astonishing.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
For the tar spots try a little WD40 (before you wash the car) for the iron fallout Purple Rain by AutoBrite Direct is outstanding. It's also non-acidic so safe to use on bodywork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts